Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Va
City
Chester
About 3 months ago I noticed that I could feel my bones in the palm of my left hand. A few weeks later, I noticed I could feel a nerve fairly easy between my thumb and index finger.

Here recently I've had a lot of headaches, muscle twitching and aching pain in my left arm/hand. I've noticed that my pinky finger can move but seems to move like I was double jointed or something.

I seem to have a stiff neck every now and then but I feel like I've always had that.

When I hold a cup or a glass of something in my left hand I shake really bad.

The part that scares me the most is the possibility of what seems to be muscle wasting in left hand/arm which isn't my dominant arm.

I'm scared that this could possibly be early signs of ALS.

Please read the Sticky post titled READ BEFORE POSTING.

Headache: no. Twitching: no. Ache: no.

Seems like you should visit your doctor. But don't see one about ALS, 'cause you ain't there.

It's just weird my left arm feels heavy at times. When I hold things my whole arm and hand shake bad. Fingers feel stiff. Along with the muscle wasting and pain.

Go see a doctor, as Greg says. If you have a major health concern, a real doctor, as opposed to online forums is the place to seek health care.

Just as a cough does not immediately signify lung cancer, an arm shaking and feeling heavy does not immediately indicate ALS. When you see your doctor, let them know all your symptoms and have them assess your strength and reflexes- they will let you know what steps to take if they see anything of major concern.

Thank you. I have an appointment set up. I still feel like I have full strength in my left arm. I can fully still punch something with my left hand. Strength seems to still be there but if I'm just relaxing my arm has a non stop aching pain.

I'm just nervous is all. I know you all hear these "silly" stories everyday but for us it scares us to think we could have something

Doesn't sound anything like ALS. I have no idea what led you to this site but you really don't need to be here.....and I'm very happy you don't!

Does anybody know other reasons for muscle wasting in left arm with arm aching

Does anybody know other reasons for muscle wasting in left arm with arm aching

Mike, that's a question for your doctor. We don't try to diagnose here--we just focus on helping folks with ALS.

I wish you well!

Becky

Mike, stay off the Internet while you wait for your doctor visit. You're only increasing your anxiety and hyper-focusing on things that don't appear to be related to ALS.

The folks here are either terminally ill or caring for those who are. You've been told several we can't diagnose you and you need to see a doctor. It's inappropriate to ask those dealing with terminal illness to comfort your anxiety. Best of luck.

I've done my best to stay off the internet. I try not to diagnose myself or worry too much but it's hard not to sometimes.

I feel like the Muscle Atrophy in my left arm is getting worse and worse and the aching pain has moved up into my shoulder. And when my arms are down by my side, my left arm feels very heavy even though I have no struggle moving my arm.

I've also noticed that throughout the day my mouth gets really really really dry as of late. Has anybody experienced having a really dry mouth?

And once again Thank You all for your input.

Please stop posting here till you've seen a doctor. The people here really can't help you through your anxiety.
Dry mouth equals thirst, not ALS. Please use good sense.

Mike you are now being rude, go work with a doctor.
We are strangers on the internet who are either terminally ill or caring for someone who is terminally ill.
The sticky states clearly that you can ask here, we will answer, but you can't argue on and keep asking questions and adding symptoms.

You don't have ALS symptoms.
That's all we can say. You pay doctors to work with you and they see you and test you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back