Country
Isr
State
tel aviv
City
tel aviv
35 year old male,
hi all!
i had my emg test yesterday due to tired hands for some time....
in addition, my right side of the tongue keeps rubbing against the teeth (while talking)
i must say i don't have noticeable tongue weakness and i can move it where ever i want when ever i want to. it just keeps rubbing against the teeth (back teeth i think) - this really freaks me out.
i would like to know if this emg result rules out any type of als including bulbar als ? should i ask for another emg test just for the tongue?
thank you very much for your advice!

Attachments

• IMG_20160816_0001.pdf
    566.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
That is a completely normal emg. Your tongue symptom is no reason to suspect bulbar disease. No you should not request further EMGs.

Most people with bulbar onset will have abnormalities in other areas on their EMG.

Btw " tired hands" would not be an ALS symptom either. Please work with your doctor if this is bothering you but your answer is not here

does consumption of triple B vitamin tablet can alter the result of the test? can it make bad emg, a good one?

NOOOO!!! It assesses denervation, Vitamin B does not keep the nerve from dying, if it did we would not be dealing with ALS. You do not have ALS. Go and enjoy your long life!

Re: EMG results - please don't be angry with me

maybe it is ana axiety.
but for the last couple of days i feel adn see my lips are no in sync with each other.
somethimes when i want to say "sh" i whistle a liitle bit andi can see my right side of the lips/face move differently than the left.
i can voluntary move my face and tongue with out problem but when i talk the lips move on their own.
this is reletavly new and didnt' happen before.
thank you.

An anxiety forum would serve you far better now.
Your EMG is completely clear and if you can't celebrate that then you need help elsewhere.

Congrats on your great result, you don't have ALS which could not have been treated.

What is going on now can be treated however. All the best.

I have attached a copy of an EMG report you should worry about. See the part he underlined??? Worry when you see that in black and white.

Attachments

• EMG.pdf
    128.4 KB · Views: 330
Re: EMG results - please don't be angry with me

Dan, my lips move out of sync as well, when I'm tired and/or my lips are dry. And teeth can shift. You might see a dentist, buy some lip balm, drink some water, and celebrate your comparatively good health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back