Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
I apologize for coming in here and asking questions for a second time, but the BFS site is no longer adding members and I have another question. I tried to find a thread where someone asked about finger twitching specifically and could not come up with anything.

I was on about a month ago asking about body wide twitching, mostly in my calves. I first noticed this in February. I was given good advice and I thank you for that. I’ve learned to ignore my calves and they feel considerably better, but for the last few weeks the twitching in my left tricep has increased to twitching most of the day (where for a long while it was only at night). Then, a little over a week ago my index finger on my left hand started twitching. When I’m standing or at rest it will just jerk to the side every few seconds. It does this when I’m walking too. This is not 24/7, but it is quite a bit of the day. I’ve seen my palm twitch a handful of times, but moving my hand tends to make it go away.

I’ve also had essential tremors in this hand for years as well, although that is very different as those don’t happen at rest. Are finger twitches of any greater concern than other muscle twitching? It just feels so odd each time my finger moves and my whole hand just feels a little “achy” or I’m not really sure how to describe it. My grip/strength with that hand and finger doesn’t seem any different and I know that’s what I should be most concerned with. I’m seeing my GP in two weeks and plan to discuss all of this with him (also I’m 39 years old). Other symptoms I’ve had for almost a year include sinus/head pressure and a significant increase of eye floaters – obviously not related to als, but full disclosure the twitching symptoms are not all I’m having. I also had a clean head CT in February.

Twitching remains non specific and is not concerning no matter where you twitch. In your last thread you were advised to read the sticky. I doubt you did because it contains information about another bfs site that has been taking new members. Perhaps try there to talk about symptoms?

AdviceForMe, I'll save you some effort, time and worry.

Welcome to middle age.

The body does weird shit as you get older. Don't worry about it.

I've had twitches since I was a kid, and in my 20's had an outbreak of tremors in my arms and hands. I am 51 now. I think you are just fine.

Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question. I apologize for missing the additional BFS site listed in the sticky. I also appreciate the humor, Atsugi. I'll do my best to relax and stop stressing out about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back