Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Hi ladies as I said, lets start this chatty thread, where we can all get away from the bstresses of the day (except dog poop Joni).

Men are welcome of course, especially if you have a sense of humour and like a cup of tea.....oh and you need to be OK with talking about Doggy poop and cleaning :oops:

Lets Go girls!:p
Aly

PS clearly I have way too much time on my hands and need to get back to work. Cant wait for my first patient in my new Job.

Hi Aly, I'd love a cup of tea... Gosh, I have a lot of dog poop stories. But I'll just tell you about my recovering chicken, Adele. She's having hip or else problems with both legs and also has a toe that is quite bent--may be all arthritis. Anyway, when she was really hurting, her 16(?) fellow hens who have coexisted for nearly four years tried to peck her to death (hen pecking is real and often fatal). Dad (Phil) made her an infirmary next door in the utility area in a big carton. He checked on her before leaving at 6 and after getting home in the evening for a full month. So, being unable to continue this forced isolation (and all the extra work), he returned her to the house and her flock last Saturday. She was at first totally ostracized. Then the hens tried to bully her but the rooster (King Tut) would rush in and break it up. Phil kept putting her up on the roost every evening, and took her down in the morning. She's finally able to navigate by herself. Does it remind you at all of a schoolyard? It sure does to us.

Last edited:
I have a new favorite tea. Jasmine Green Tea, it tastes and smells just like the flower!

I adore jasmine tea, but my facourite is Green tea.

Ann we have had hens for years, Red Shavers like yours mainly. They did tend to drown themselves in the horse troughs, silly things. There is a disease they ge in their feet. The toes get all twisted and puffy. they died in the end. Hopefully Adelle does not suffer from that particular malady. Paul has just built a new house for more hens. Our others were all sent to hen heaven when we shifted last year. They were very old and noy laying anymore. I must go get some more. Poop in my garden and on my front doorstep, yuck.
I was enjoying watching one of my hens having a sleep in my garden one day. They loved to have a dust bath. I was a bit concerned to see she was still in the same place the next day. Sure enough, she was very very stiff. Oh well, a nice way to go.

Adele used to put herself under my arm as I gathered eggs. She's the white with black markings. King Tut is a Buff Orpington and seen in both the other pictures. Adele is a Delaware (a breed headed toward extinction). The black and white are Barred Rocks. These were taken in the winter when they're in the garden. We still get lots of eggs, and give them to my helpers.

Attachments

• Delaware Hen.JPG
    Delaware Hen.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 401
  • DSC_0767_144.jpg
    DSC_0767_144.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 378
  • Orpingtons.JPG
    Orpingtons.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 410
Haha Aly I can tell you lots about poop.. The other day the young stubborn pup has learnt a new thing..Yay let's hike our leg and pee on everything. well he peed on his dog bed, took it apart washed and dried it, needless to say like an hour later my older dog sassy is 13, was laying in the bed, Bama hikes his leg once again pees on sassy and the bed. The funny thing is poor sassy never even woke up. Had too wash it again! I am thinking on getting the pup fixed or whatever. I am at my wit's end. Aww Ann I hope poor Adele heals well.

Bama ? Obama Hmmmmm.
Poor you. I hope fixing the pup helps. Once again. glad my dogs are outside. Poor ruby has been pee'd on when out walking. Everywhere Ruby pee's jake has to "counter" pee. Showing his male dominance i suppose. I am glad our husbands never felt the need :0
My we are back on excrement. Choice subject ladies..

We really will have to act more English. Cuppa teas with Bone china cups and of course our little pinkies poking out. Well its too hot for tea, so I am off to find a beer.
Love Aly

Hey I always have my pinky out when I drink anything..Habit I also love green tea too. The dog is named Bama after the team Alabama. Got my poor little sleepy 6 year old grandaughter laying on my shoulder sleeping right now. Have one for me:)

You two are priceless. Aly, from the proper British tea and away from non-genteel talk *in disgust* decides to just go get a beer. hahahaha. No glass of sherry? No mint julip? (oh, oh, have to say it--female dogs dominate and cause the trouble. Done now.)

You might change the thread name to "Come for a Shot"! or "Come for a Snort". I'm totally finished with animal talk. OK, What's blooming in New Zealand, Aly?

Is anything blooming in AL, Joni? I think of snow, unfortunately in your state.

Can I come for tea? I love green tea. Or maybe beer? I always have my pinkie out (both of them do pretty much their own thing now anyway) and I promise not to talk about poop, cat puke, or chicks, oops I meant chickens! :):)

Lovely/awful weather we are/aren't having eh ladies?

Wow, Barry, my pinkies mostly curl. Wait. The left one agrees to stick out sideways away from its friends.

My pinky curls if the cup handle is a wee bit too tiny.

Yall are nuts...:) Yes Barry you are very welcome, hmm we talked about poop, on with the next subject. Ladies and Gents.....

No Ann all we have had is RAIN, be so glad for spring and flowers to start blooming. Makes everything feel new.

Well, February. I know what should be blooming here. Snowbells next door along the back, and maybe Camellias budding behind them. Winter Scented Honeysuckle (Lonicera Fragrantissima!) on the picket fence at the back. It's the white season for my garden flowers. But the daffodils should be up. Mind you I can't see this from the current house, so I'm trusting that they're all behaving as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back