Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Ca
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
I would like to know if anyone has followed the nutritional advice in Eric Edley's book, "Eric is winning". My brother-in-law was diagnosed 2 weeks ago, and, after reading it, I'm convinced that we can all help those afflicted with als by helping them to REMOVE THE POISONS they have accumulated for years.

Has anyone else tried these methods? It seems to be working for him after 15 plus years.

Sorry to burst your bubble but we are painfully aware of Eric. Suffice it to say it has been labeled as a scam.

If you do a search on this forum for his name you can read all about it.

Having said that .......good nutritian is always a good idea.

Please don't try to post more messages concerning this. Thank you.

Hello Again,

Joel is right .

Isn't good nutrition something you should be doing anyways ? Common Sense.

Glen

We haven't read the book and don't believe in it, but we do think that Rick's diet contributes to his slow progression of his ALS. He is on one for his type II diabetes, but it helped heal his leg injury from an explosion, and he doesn't even have to take blood pressure meds anymore, nor does he have high cholesterol (103) His diabetic numbers stay in the normal range now.

Rick uses no artificial sweeteners, avoids sugar, honey, molasses. He avoids white flour, even the half that's in the whole grain breads. He doesn't eat pasta or rice of any kind. (The semolina is the same as white flour.) He eats protein at each meal and snack along with many vegetables and fruits from the produce section of the supermarket.

He doesn't eat boxed or canned foods for their salt content. He uses real butter and meat. Potatoes are a mainstay of his diet for the B6 and B12. The doctors rave about his blood tests being so healthy, and he doesn't take a single vitamin or medication. He weighs 260 at 6'1"

He was diagnosed almost two years ago... uses a Bipap at night.... staggers and loses his balance, but still drives and walks.... but will likely need the assistance of a cane soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back