05/2018
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
Hello all,

Sorry for the many posts lately. I blame all the nice help I've been getting.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how to use a water hose or spigot, or something ______________ that would allow my PAL to *not* use a reacher stick, or wipe with her hand and toilet paper? She has trouble getting her hand between her legs, bc there's not much space there while she's sitting down and she can't move her legs.. And I just picture water spraying out in the space between the commode and the toilet if we used a spray attachment of some sort.

I can't picture a bidet seat, bc it would not reach up to the commode. I hope that makes sense! Don't make me draw a picture :)

I suppose there might not be a solution, but maybe there is?

Thanks again...

Cheers,

Kathy

Kathy, you can post whatever whenever here:)

We didn't have a bidet, but I'm sure some more experienced will speak up -- that does seem like part of what it's supposed to do. There are also toilet riser seats if she has difficulty standing up.

Another thought depending on her hand dexterity is use of a toilet stool (the kind that's basically a footrest that wraps around the toilet, where you rest your legs for a better position) if her legs can rest on it safely, that might allow for more secure placement of the legs at an angle to permit easier access. Same for any footrest, really.

But ultimately as I'm sure you've gathered, you're headed for a shower/commode chair where you do the wiping.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Laurie, thanks for that. Yeah, she's already on a commode chair...left the word "chair" out of the question. So maybe I'll also suggest to her to place her legs wider to get better access to the "nitty". Still hoping to hear if someone to suggest some sort of water ____ something for cleaning.

Cheers,

Kathy

Just thinking aloud : how about looking into Japanese toilets and see if a version of them can be adapted to commode ?

Thanks Marie Laure,

I think those seats are amazing, but also it would be tough to attach it to the bottom of the chair commode, and then connect water to it...and still be able to use the "bucket" receptacle at times.

HOWEVER, Murphy's Law: it's not till you ask the question out loud that you get an answer. In this case I might have found something interesting, the Bio Bidet The Palm Handheld Travel Bidet (google that term and you'll find it). It's a little hand-held receptacle of about 2 cups of water, that is battery-pump operated, which delivers water to the nether regions via a wand. Might still be a bit splashy...but it might be just the ticket, and it won't need plumbing. And the water could be warm.

That said, I'd still really love to hear if any other CALs or PALs have suggestions. It takes a village to keep clean. ;)

Thanks,

Kathy

That thing you found looks pretty good. Let us know what you think about it

It could help many people !

I seem to be on a roll here. Mum didn't like the idea of the other one, with the battery and pump, and wanted a longer wand. She's still got a lot of power in her hands, so we're going to try this: google TP-70 THE PALM PORTABLE BIDET Inexpensive with long wand and squeeze bottle. We can always switch to the battery-operated one if her hands start to fail her.

She confessed that even before she had her diagnosis, that she used a water bottle to try to wash herself while sitting on the toilet. This is going to be a huge improvement. I think an attendant or PCW could use that portable squeeze bottle bidet easily. I'll let you know how it goes, and definitely if anyone has any tips, let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back