Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
St Louis
OK so the doctor finally called my parents back today and he said that the nerve biopsy results showed severe damage with no inflammation. He wouldn't talk about it further saying that they would talk about it on their March 6th appointment. I am freaking out! What does this mean? I hope it's not the dreaded letters.....

Biopsy

Did she have a muscle biopsy? nerve biopsy? or both..They are usually done together..

she had both....he didn't mention her muscle biopsy though....I have a looooooong thread posted in this forum that you can read.

I did forget to mention she had these tests the second week of January and here it is freaking February 26th. The docs didn't call about her biopsies, SHE called them last week and they are just now calling her back. She goes to the hospital where they have offices each Friday and they haven't come to visit her while she gets her IV solumedrol. Do you think this is a good sign that it's been over 6 weeks since the biopsies were taken or was the doc taking the easy way out and is going to crush her and our family with a nasty diagnosis on March 6th. I am just freaking out that's all. I am so worked up over her condition that I am on Lexapro (20mg) per day. Please say a prayer for us.

jp

There is a lot of people that have played that waiting game. We know it is not easy. From what I understand it usually takes about 4-6 weeks to get results.

We are patients with illnesses to Doctors. The are not on the Emotional side that we are on. I am fortunate to have a good Doc. But, I have been her patient for about 10 years. Now Tim is her patient so she knows what I have on my plate and Tim to.

We will pray for Mom.

I had to do more than PAXIL. It wasn't enough for me. I am on a few Meds. I do the very best I can. And you will to.

I hope it is not the big ALS word! Keep us updated.

Lorie

When she went to the hospital on January 25th (the test was done on the morning of January 11th) the doc told her the test results were in and that it would be read that week. That's why I thought it was odd that they had the test results but never called her or visited her on a Friday when she was getting an IV treatment. I'm just trying to stay positive here. For those of you that don't know my mom's situation I posted last month on this particular forum about not being sure if she had ALS or not. I hate this worrying

You are right. It is very stressful! Hopefully she will get answers soon, and hopefully they will be good ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back