Reason
Other
Country
nld
State
zuid holland
City
rotterdam
First of all my english is not the best in writing.
Iam 29 years old and have 3 children.
I worked as a pestcontroller and did not work always with the good precautions.

In the end of august i woke up with hyper alertness and word find problems.
And tingling in my hand palm
So i went to the doc about 3 times before he send me to a neuro.
made appointment for 4 or 6 weeks later.
I could not wait so i paid my own mri of the brain there was nothing wrong on the Mri.
About one month later i was having problems breathing and dometimes red throat(at the moment it comes and goes only at daytime)
And also my right hand felt stiff like some fingers were having problems.
At the neuro they did a eeg(nothing wrong) and emg of my right arm(ulnaris) there was a blockade.

Again only a few weeks later my right feet hurt and there was a big bulge on the sole of the foot and my toes felt jumpy it made me tired and crampy legs.
Then my left feet was like there was a straw in my toe sucking fluid up and down.

I saw another neuro they did the reflex tests and nothing was wrong also no strenght loss for what i can notice.

Last week i was checking my feet and saw a big hole at my instep.
It made me cry , i know for sure it was not there(soccer player for years).
Today my second emg of my leggs and other arm.
Al good but and this scares me the most at my; under my knee the pulse that goes to your spine i went up but didnt go out like the curve went up and not down annymore.
Somebody from the lab did the test and did not know what it means....

Somebody knows what it is?

After i came home i got fasciculations on back of my upperleg near the knee, i think anxiety.
Does it fit as ALS?
I dont know what to do anymore...

Dutchy, I can tell you that you don't have ALS.
Your second EMG was "all good" as you said.
Your symptoms do NOT sound like ALS at all.

No more crying. You're going to live.

Whatever you have, I don't think it is anything fatal.

I wish we could find out what you have, but we only know ALS here.

Dutchy, I can tell you that you don't have ALS.
Your second EMG was "all good" as you said.
Your symptoms do NOT sound like ALS at all.

No more crying. You're going to live.

Whatever you have, I don't think it is anything fatal.

I wish we could find out what you have, but we only know ALS here.

They didnt do it with needles.
When they checked under my knee the pulse that goes to my spinal was not going to sleep mode but only went up...

They didnt do it with needles.

You wrote: "Today my second emg of my legs and other arm. All good..."

So if it was not an EMG, what test was it?

You wrote: "When they checked under my knee the pulse that goes to my spinal was not going to sleep mode but only went up"

I don't know what that means.

So I withdraw my original advice from above. Now I'm simply confused by what you are writing.

You wrote: "Today my second emg of my legs and other arm. All good..."

So if it was not an EMG, what test was it?

You wrote: "When they checked under my knee the pulse that goes to my spinal was not going to sleep mode but only went up"

I don't know what that means.

So I withdraw my original advice from above. Now I'm simply confused by what you are writing.

Hello it was an emg without needles...
Arms and legs were good but undet my left knee she used the device and they saw that it made signal but the pulse did not lose its power like it meant to.
Ive i understood wel the motor went up but the sensory went not down..
In the netherlands they dont give us verry good information.

Perhaps someone else will come along and help out.

Abnormalities in the NCS point away from ALS, Duchy, which is good. It's hard to make out the test results, but you need to stay in contact with the office that made the tests and not give up until they have diagnosed you, or referred you somewhere that can. I know there are good university medical centers in the Netherlands; Ultrecht appears to be one of the best.

Abnormalities in the NCS point away from ALS, Duchy, which is good. It's hard to make out the test results, but you need to stay in contact with the office that made the tests and not give up until they have diagnosed you, or referred you somewhere that can. I know there are good university medical centers in the Netherlands; Ultrecht appears to be one of the best.

Thank you for the answer and after my holliday(leaving the 14 to florida)
I"ll go to utrecht .to be honest i tried to call them yesterday.
She saw this almost never that the power would not be reduce.
But at the other hand it was only in one of my knees and no other parts of my body, i already had an emg with the outcome of a ulnaris problem and at the last emg she saw that the other side was also a little abnormal.

Few more question: i've got a big hole on my foot, is it possible you first get atrophy before strength loss? Also my knee looks a little thinner.
And after the emg test i became having fasculations is that because of anxiety or maybe because of the electric pulses? Only in the evening and ones front of the knee and the back of my knee.
When i make scissors with my fingers(index and middle finger) it almost feels like i got no strength.
But i can jump, walk on my toes o,pen bottles, hold 2 books with my thumb and index finger.

I think that as I'm the third senior member to answer your thread you can stop coming here and just work with your doctors. You do not have ALS symptoms and I'm so happy for you!

I don't think you need to keep asking questions, if you had ALS it would be obvious in your first posts. The great news is that whatever is going on will be able to be fixed if you work with doctors rather than the internet. Staying away from here will be the best thing you can do for your health now.

Hello,

First if all thanks for replying.
And i only hope its true! I dont got ALS.
My grandfather had mystenia gravis and because they did not know they lifted his eyes 3 times.

Thats why iam on my guard as my symptoms proceed.
Notice my pinky toe goes down in reflex and comes up later.
Hopefully its all axiety... because i got 3 children who i want to see them grow up....
And if i really diagnosed with no ALS... i want to do something back for the people with this horrible disease.

Hello a little update:

Cvs shows absence of h reflex on de back of my right knee.
My neuro told me this could be nothing.
Ive got on regular times fasculations around my elbow pit and above my knees.
Strength loss :not that i can notice only that my feet get tired after walking.
What came back as a symptom is my breathing problems and the feeling i speak diffrent.

Great news, thank you for updating us. Still no ALS symptoms and it doesn't sound like your neurologist is concerned.

all the best

Thanx for the reply.
To be honest my neuro is verry lacking... she did not know what my first symptoms were, she called me and could not open de cvs and when i cane she did not take a look at my mri.
Indeed i do not have the feeling i'm less strong.
But i do feel my feet are tired. Maybe because of my shoes.

For the cvs with a h reflex absent its not a MND thing right.
I could not find it on the internet.
My daughter had vulgaris/contagiosa thats when my breath problems started and ive got it also now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back