Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
GR
State
Athens
City
Athens
Hello there and thank you for your attention.
Im sorry if i am being offensive to all als fighters out there.
I am an 18 year old female. I have crohns disease and anxiety disorder. The past 4 days ive been having really fast fasciculations on the upper end of my lower left arm (not hand) and one time on the back of my shoulder. Nowhere else so far. The pulsations are frequent ( every 10 minutes) lasting about 20 seconds more frequent and severe at night. The past two weeks ive been having arm cramps (left and right, about 5 in these 2 weeks). Since last night ive been having cramps and non stop pain on my whole left arm up to the back of my neck, especially when i move it. Of course i had to google the symptoms from day 2 and now i keep getting non stop panic attacks that i have ALS. I need your help and advice! I feel like i have weakness on my left arm too but idk if its my anxiety speaking.
Thank you so much. You have no idea how strong you are.

That's not how ALS starts. Sounds like you need some routine blood work and lifestyle changes. Plenty of water, cut out caffeine, good sleep, and exercise. Magnesium can help cramps.

Crohn's can cause nutritional deficiencies and imbalances, and the latter won't do anxiety any good. I would start with your diet/hydration/stretching, and go from there. A massage by an MT with a neuromuscular focus could be good. Find a PCP, nutritionist, and/or counselor you can work with and you can feel much better.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you everyone for your answers, ill see what i can do. I am sorry if i bothered or disrespected, and i hope you all stay strong.
Thank you immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back