Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
City
taylorsville
I hope all you guys do sumpin fun today....and enjoy the day!
I am going to pull my corvette out of winter storage and go for a long drive in the canyons...if I can still get into it.....it always puts a smile on my face when I fire it up and the 450 horsepower sings to me:):):):)

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 126
Enjoy the ride Mark. I drove a 1976 t top white corvette for a summer many years ago for a military friend while he was deployed. It was great fun and came close to getting in lots of trouble. Young and stupid. :lol:

I hope everyone has a safe and fun holiday.

Mark, how did you know red is my favorite color! Have fun and be safe....... Happy 4th everyone.

Debbie

Happy 4th everyone, love the car Mark!
Vicki, we are heading to New Hampshire next week to go to the race, want to come along with us ? Pack up the camper and head out, we will meet you there!

Dana

Happy 4th all! kewl car Mark!

watching D vs. F Futbol!

Attachments

• 2014-07-04 12.15.33.jpg
    2014-07-04 12.15.33.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 136
Oh Dana how I wish. My hubby and I are going camping (no kids) next week.

Have fun Dana, I'll be looking for ya on tv. Wave big girlfriend so I can see you.

I will Vicki!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Mark: Is that seriously your Corvette? It's so beautiful. I've always wanted to go for a ride in one. Come get me. lol

I'm at work until 6pm. Which I don't really mind since everyone is in a good mood and I can still do something this evening with my family.

I am enjoying having my son Matthew staying with me. We had some really nice talks and it's good that my daughter and I are having a little break from each other. I still see her everyday but we aren't with each other 24/7 now and she's not taking me for granted as much. I think I the situation is good because she is spending a little bit more time with her dad. Then there is our youngest who is in his glory because he goes back and forth and is spoiled by both his dad and me.

I hope all you guys do sumpin fun today....and enjoy the day!
I am going to pull my corvette out of winter storage and go for a long drive in the canyons...if I can still get into it.....it always puts a smile on my face when I fire it up and the 450 horsepower sings to me:):):):)

That's the car my husband wants. I'm not showing him these photos. I could get in it but getting out would be a *****!

I enjoyed myself today guys, although the ride there and back was long, I took a ride on the historic Cass Scenic Railroad. Then got a close up view of a 1910 steam powered RR engine.

That is cool Dalvin. I had a fairly quiet day. Husband had to work part of the day and youngest son had to work. Going fishing tomorrow. Getting ready for a camping outing later in the week.

We have fireworks going off all over the neighborhood. we haven't bought fireworks in years. We just watch the neighbors. l have never liked fireworks unless professionally done. They make me nervous, to unpredictable. Stay safe everyone.

Hi Everyone,
I went to see the fireworks at our local high school last night with my family. They were pretty nice. I just don't get overly excited seeing them after so many years anymore. Our oldest son didn't go to the fireworks but the two of us rented the movie Lone Survivor too watch. We both dozed off half-way through it. It isn't might type of movie to begin with but I thought being a war movie that he might like it. He didn't care for it either.
I'm working today because one of my co-workers is really sick. I still haven't heard exactly what she has but it is a nerve or muscle problem of some sort and she currently can barely talk and is on a feed tubing. She was originally transferred out of our hospital to another one because they thought she had a stroke. I'm am happy to get more hours but not at her expense.
I am off tomorrow and just plan on relaxing with my family at my dad's pool. Tomorrow, is the 17th anniversary of the death of my mom to colon cancer. I plan on going to church with my whole family in the morning. Take care, Kim

Thanks for all of the kind comments.....yes the car is mine.......yes I will give any of you a ride at anytime for free......Max, nice haircut=you clean up nicely.
I ended up getting a ticket yesterday, was racing a new Camaro...not many cars on the road, so it seemed like a great idea at the time. My ticket was for 68mph in a 35mph zone.
When the cop walked up to my window...he immediately thought I was drunk due to my speech....so he made me get out of the car (no easy feat), and proceeded to give me a field sobriety test.....all the while I kept telling him I had ALS. I could not pass any of the tests...so he finally gave me the "breathalyzer test", which showed no trace of alcohol....by that time I was pissed! He ended up apologizing to me, but told me I should give up drag racing on city streets.
All in all it ended up being a very expensive day....but I have a small grin today because I beat that Camaro by 3 car lengths ...light to light! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

I got pulled over a couple times while I drove my friends corvette. I pulled the young (everything still in the right places) woman card and got a warning both times. :grin: . It sure wouldn't work now :lol:

Wow that is a "sweet" looking ride. You need to get a letter from your doctor, saying that you have ALS. My youngest son has Tourette's and while he was still in school there were a lot of trials. No he didn't have the swearing tick, but he did bark and whinny like a horse at times. One day he came home from his new high school saying that I might be getting a call from the librarian. He said that he was having difficulty with his whinnying tick and the librarian came up to him and told him to stop. He explained to her that he had Tourette's and couldn't control it and her reply was that if he didn't stop she was going to tell his mother. He told her that I already knew that he had Tourette's, but she didn't get it. His study class ended so he left, but I wish that she had called me. I had gone to a 2 hour conference at the school about my son, so that they would know how to manage him. Not only did he have Tourette's he was born with a severe hear defect and had had 3 open heart procedures by that time. The week before he came home excited to tell me that he had run 3 miles in gym class. I just about dropped what was in my hands, and asked how he managed. He said that after the first mile he found it really hard so went up to the gym teacher and told her, he was having problems because of his heart. She thought he was just giving her a line, until he lifted up his T-shirt and showed her his scar. After that she told him that he could walk the rest.
I had to call the principle and ask why none of the information that we talked about in the conference had been passed on to the people that needed to know. Just a bit of a note, my son is now 6'3" and a plumber gas fitter and does very well, even though he has had 4 surgeries. After his last surgery I was told that when that new valve failed he would have to have a transplant as he had so much scarring from his surgeries that he wouldn't survive another one. Since then they have developed a technique that allows them to change the valve intravascularly, so no more open heart surgeries required.
We went shopping for July 4th and then to my sister's for supper where desert had red white and blue for Tim. (strawberries, raspberries, and blue berries with vanilla ice-cream, with Gran mariner, and Kahlua poured over. We celebrate July 1st here in Canada.
Paulette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back