Learn about ALS
Country
ira
State
tehran
City
tehran
hi
i'm newly entered university,i'm studiying medical and my symptoms started about 2weeks after my university enterance...after a day in the swimming pool i start twichings all over my body specially in my calfs(lower body) i was SO worried and i didn't know whats wrong with me...after about 4 months i started to feel pain in my right leg while walking,a kind of tiredness i mean...what i do made my right leg tire in just a few minutes...and after 4 days now my right hand is also tired and weak i think...the neuro cheked my reflexes and force and did an EMG which all came back normal, the emg didnt show the fasics even...and the neuro sent me to a psychologist!cus he thinks that im VERY stressful for nothing!
do you think i have als?do you think i should go to psycho?:confused::-?

please help,im VERY VERY worried...

I think you are fine. If the dr says no als and emg is clear then I think you should listen to him.
Anxiety can do terrible things to your mind and body. I can't tell you to get counseling but it couldn't hurt.
Be happy you are a healthy young person, go and enjoy your life. Good luck in school and rememer your fear and when you get done with medical school you can help those of us here. I wish you peace.

thanks for your response...i'm sorry because of my english,I live in Iran and its very difficult here to learn Eng properly
i'm gonna do that,but im worried because i think the symptoms start like this and there is not any tests to tell if you have it or not...

I understand you very well so don't worry on that account. I am sure others here will probably tell you the same thing. Please try to set aside your worries. If you have your emg results (the numbers from the test) we have a expert who will look at it and tell you what he thinks. His name on here is WRIGHT, maybe he can quell your fears more than me.

yes i have them,how can i find him?
but you yourself quell my fears alot...thank you and wish you the best bro

Scroll down to the bottom of the home page, there is a list of names of those who are online now. He is on now, click on his name and ask your question.

He is on line now go to bottom of home page and find his name then click on it and ask

thanks for your help...

Did you ask Wright? What did you find out?

hi,im sorry becouse of my delay
no i havnt scanned my emg results yet but ill do it soon and ask him
but i have some other questions that any answer for them would be really appreciated
my twichings start all over my body(but more in my lower limbs) and i have heared that bodywide fasics at the onset in a good sign,is it true?
then i've heared that it's very rare in my age to become a PALS,how about this?
then would the twitches of als be worse by anxeity or stress?mine are like this...could my symtoms just be becuz of my entrance to university and its damn stressful situation?

Yes twitching all over is not a sign of als, being young is also in your favor and yes your damn stressful situation could be the cause. I think you have figured this out all on you own! You can still ask Wright but I hink you are getting a handle on your problem. Good Job! Good Luck!

do you think that my symptoms go away? i cant live like this...

I believe that it will go away once you relax and move on. You may need some counciling to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back