00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Glasgow
Hello

I posted back in January with speech difficulty and mild twitching and discomfort in my leg! My symptoms are still there with added discomfort now in my right wrist and palm!

My doctor was sure it was Lyme after Elisa test came back positive but the reference lab said there wasn't enough there for diagnosis! Had more blood tests for vitamin b12 which was deemed low at 170 so I've had booster injections for 3 weeks and the antibody test for deficiency has came back negative aswell.

My symptoms are now getting slightly worse with my speech still difficult mostly later in the day and my tongue looks like a spoon if I stick it out sunken in the middle. My wrist is tight but not sore especially after holding or carrying anything an orange or 20kg sack of potatoes doesn't matter the weight.

My palm also has a strange feeling almost like an impact injury that's healing . Tender but not painful.

Any advice would be appreciated I'm waiting on my referral to a neurologist as my doctor wanted to cover all things from his side before passing me on.

The right palm and wrist discomfort take this even further out of the realm of motor neuron disease. You’re going to have to wait until you see the neurologist to get more answers.

Thanks for replying! Im just getting a bit anxious as my symptoms don't seem to be getting any better only more appearing! Not saying any relate to mnd as that's why I'm here I suppose. Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back