Status
Not open for further replies.

TetraLite

Hello everyone. my best friend and her brother both have als. my friend asked me to research no-hands computer mice on the internet for her brother who can only move his head anymore, and after seeing how much special needs equipment costs, i, being an electronics design and mechanical engineer, developed a low-cost head-operated computer mouse for people that can't use their hands. the prices i saw for this type of equipment really made me mad. my design is half the price of the least expensive similar device on the market and a quarter of the cost of most of the other ones.

please see details at ****NO ADVERTISING ALLOWED ****

i sincerely hope noone is offended by my "spamming" in this post. my intent is to help and i won't be making much of a profit, if any, on my mouse system.

thanks for your website forum. it is inspiring and helpful to me reading these posts. my prayers are with you all.

mark snyder

Last edited by a moderator:
tv channel chanfer

Hi

i just read tHis, and i Had posted a request about a cHannel cHanger for a tv as my Husband is in bed alot and Having problems witH our present cHannel cHanger. do you tHink a regular cHannel cHanger can be adapted to a user friendly switcH. we are aware of one tHrougH assistant devices in Hamilton, ont. but are quite expensive.

so i send you a new cHallenge and a new product to create for all als survivors and anyone else tHat is becoming weak in tHier Hands.

tHanks

from ontario

That is a great idea. right now my efforts are being directed into aspects of tooling up and marketing the tetramouse. however, i have been considering what would happen if people started requesting other alternative devices. it would, in theory, be simple to wire external switches to an existing remote controller. it is a matter of simply wiring new switches in parallel to the switches on the remote. it would most likely be possible for me to build a joystick box similar to the tetramouse That would be wired to a tv remote control (perhaps a universal one That could be used an many tv models). i could even build a tetramouse That could be used with a computer with a third joystick That could be used as as a tv remote controller with four functions, probably channel up and down and volume up and down. actually, i think it would be quite easy.

Hello everyone

my name if fotios tzimas and i am an als patient from greece.

thank you very much mark. your idea is great and your unselfish interest in making life for pals easier admirable.

geia hara and happy easter to all of you.

Hello again everyone,

I have revised the TetraMouse to include a 4-speed pointer motion control that replaces the original "slow down" function. This improvement makes it easier to zero in on small targets using the slower speed settings and the faster speeds are used to get around the screen. Each of the four speed settings are selected by the user by pushing the "clicker" joystick in the up direction and each speed setting is adjustable with the help of a care-giver.

I also would like to add a thanks to all of you on this forum and thanks to the forum itself for the inspiration, ideas and help I have looked for and found regarding my role as a part-time care-giver for my best and dearest friend who has ALS.

Fotios - I am most anxious to hear from you. Please tell me how you are doing with your new equipment.

Mark Snyder
TetraMouse

TV channel changer

i just read tHis, and i Had posted a request about a cHannel cHanger for a tv as my Husband is in bed alot and Having problems witH our present cHannel cHanger. do you tHink a regular cHannel cHanger can be adapted to a user friendly switcH. we are aware of one tHrougH assistant devices in Hamilton, ont. but are quite expensive.

so i send you a new cHallenge and a new product to create for all als survivors and anyone else tHat is becoming weak in tHier Hands.

Hello FIZZCAT -- here's an update...

I simply took one of my joystick boxes and wired it into an off-the-shelf universal controller. The original controller still operates normally so it can be programmed to operate your TV, VCR, DVD, etc. The joysticks then can be used to select and turn on and off any of three devices as well as change channels and control the volume. Since my joystick box has just two sticks and each controls four functions that is the extent of control I get out of it. I mounted it on my coffee table so my PALS friend Mary can run the TV. I have found that is so much more convenient than picking up the various original equipment remotes that I use it myself. It can be operated with the lips, chin, forehead, elbows, hands or even feet if I'm lying on the couch.

If you want me to build you one send me an email ([email protected]) and we can discuss it. I think I can probably build and sell one for about (or less than) $100. I have been considering offering it on my TetraMouse site in addition to the TetraMouse.

Best Wishes and Prayers for All,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back