Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiyo

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
DE
State
Hessen
City
Pohlheim
Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting? After all it's Hotel California, You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!. I have no fear of death, but I do have fear of the lock-down syndrome, I have no wish to be force fed or of artificial breathing for that matter, I would like to know what others think about his step as after all this road race does end in death no matter what we wish, I also have no wish to tie my mate down for an unknown time. We both have talked this through extensively and are of one mind. And that is an early checkout.

So the questions are not one of ethics, it's of what is practical and not. Do I refuse to be reanimated, do I refuse to be placed on a breather or do I starve myself to death, a real hunger-strike. I am sure many have had at least this mouse run across the brain, to entertain the thought thereof?

The discussion is opened. Be blessed and there are no feelings that have to be watched out for.

Not too fast. Aren't you waiting for a second opinion?

Osiyo, I believe you need legal advice in Germany.
My only advice is this:
Please be sure to protect your mate legally.

My outlook is this; since death is inevitable why hasten it? I will continue on as long as I can, not because of fear nor some need to try and stare it (death) down but because as long as I can experience some joy and/or love during the course of my day I will not deny myself of that pleasure.

Death can go screw itself and spend its time watching me enjoy life until my time comes...

"as long as I can experience some joy and/or love during the course of my day I will not deny myself of that pleasure."
Ditto.
'nuff said!

Oslyo, Are you a traveling east?
-Michael

@ Mtzu Traveling East, Not up on that one. @Everybody maybe I came on a little strong. The main thought is this, I don't need a second or third or forth diagnose, because ALS is found because everything else is not there, most of the tests are blood, tests they can see "markers" in the blood that tells them "stroke", diabetes, and the list goes on. That said I don't need legal advice in Germany only a document that tells medical personal my wishes. Former US ARMY RANGER of the 75th Ranger Regiment, 16 months in the jungles of Vietnam, 2 silver Stars / Valor and 2 Bronze Star / Valor 5 purple Hearts. And a few other medals. But that is that, I'm a Blood Bought Believer in Christ Jesus and not afraid of Death as it is only a door that has to be stepped through at sometime, I am only thinking or stepping when I think the time is right for me. Pure control. :)

5 PH in 16 Months?
You're one unlucky SOB!

Thanks for your service.
Is VA taking care of you?

Military Assistance Command, Vietnam – Studies and Observations Group (MACV-SOG) Established on 24 January 1964, the unit conducted strategic reconnaissance missions in the Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam), the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam), Laos, and Cambodia; carried out the capture of enemy prisoners, rescued downed pilots, and conducted rescue operations to retrieve prisoners of war throughout Southeast Asia; and conducted clandestine agent team activities and psychological operations.

The unit participated in most of the significant campaigns of the Vietnam War, including the Gulf of Tonkin incident which precipitated increased American involvement, Operation Steel Tiger, Operation Tiger Hound, the Tet Offensive, Operation Commando Hunt, the Cambodian Campaign, Operation Lam Son 719, and the Easter Offensive. The unit was formally disbanded and replaced by the Strategic Technical Directorate Assistance Team 158 on 1 May 1972.

No VA

Osiyo your commitment to your country...wow. Thanks be to God you came home and accepted Him as your Saviour.
I'm curious why no VA? From my understanding they will take very good care of you...is it because you are in Germany? I truly hope there is some way they can be involved in your care.
God bless, Janelle x

osiyo, sounds like your a big boy and know what you want, good luck! chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back