Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
Am starting my b12 injections today. I will do 2 injections per week; 25mg per injection of Methylcobalamin. It was certainly a fight to be able to get the Methyl and not the Cyanocobalamin but finally got it done. Local compounding pharmacy made it up for me. Insurance won't pay so it will be about $140 per month. Not too bad.

May take up to 30 days to see if there is any effect but I will keep you all posted if anyone is interested. I say, worth a shot.

Vince

Good luck with that, Vince. I'll be interested to read how it goes. I'm going to talk to my doctor, too, about getting this.
Charlene

Very interested.

Charlene,

Make sure you print out the abstract from the ALS Association website that documents the study done in Japan. There are clear specifics about the dosage and the type of b12 injections. DO NOT allow your doc to prescribe Cyanocobalamin. At the very least, I'm hoping I get some extra energy from it :)

Vince

good luck w/that vince. where can i print that report? i see my va home health care tues. and b-12 is on my list to discuss w/them. i need all the info i can git .thanks chally

thanks nikki&vince

I took b12 injections for two years before I was diagnosed. Looked back in my med list and it was the right kind and dose. Who knows?

>Who knows?

Ditto that! same w/ fingolimod, etc ...

Attachments

• 11215754_10206074557696407_5610962293086051220_n.jpg
    11215754_10206074557696407_5610962293086051220_n.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 271
Are those butterflies Max?
Audrey

>Are those butterflies Max?

yup :)

I also took B-12 injections for about two years, off and on, but stopped them 2 years ago. I did it for fibromyalgia (energy.) I stopped when they started adding preservatives to the injections. I'll show the study to my local neuro. He is good about prescribing anything that might help.

Good Luck as well. I am finalizing the prescription with my Doc today. Were you able to get the auto-inject needles or are you using the good old fashioned kind?

Using the old fashion kind. Getting hard for me to load them and inject myself so going to have to get my wife to step in. She's reluctant because she is afraid she will hurt me. I keep telling her a little stick from a needle is the least of my worries :)

Vince

My doctor is looking into a compounding pharmacy for me. He told me to start popping sublingual and work up to 25 mg in the meantime. He is very open to trying anything promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back