Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
Tx
City
Austin
Question for some time I have had as much sensory as motor loss. My left hand is completely numb, and my left side cant sense vibrations at all. My face and mouth are completely numb-when I put a pill in my mouth, I cant feel where it is.
Has anyone exhibited such extreme sensory loss along with the motor loss?

Yes- I had to give my husband medicine drops because he couldn't feel them to count the drops.

Chris never had any sensory loss, in fact he became more sensitive on his skin, and he had a lot of pain.

Well at least one thing to be grateful for

Finally a silver lining for you Neil ;)

>Well at least one thing to be grateful for

thzankful ror whaty we've got5 :)

I have some sensory loss in my right leg, But it is due to the fact that that is an inch longer than my left. I had the sensory loss long before the ALS.

>Question for some time I have had as much sensory as motor loss

my feet -- numb, but still touchy. when Sandy puts on my socks I sometimes jump.

Steve's feet are going numb as well. He says if he puts pressure on them the numbness will go away but inactivity for any period of time and the numbness returns.

From what I've read online (Oh No--I consulted the Quack), inactivity can cause neuropathy, and that can cause loss of sensation. I wonder if this is the case for some...

Those of you w/ numbness, I encourage you to try massage on a daily basis, even just a few minutes. We used the unscented jojoba massage lotion by Soothing Touch. Of course, any lotion that you like and can have warmed up is good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back