Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
City
The Beach
What do you do if you live alone and have very few friends and no relatives near? Have any of you experienced this?

Assisted living.

Early stages could be solo but past that..

There are single PALS who manage with home care. Assisted living is not going to last too long. There is not that much assistance unfortunately.

I myself, am a single mother of 6. I have kept in contact with our ALS representative and let her know my situation. I have let the friends I have, know my situation. You might want to look up volunteer agencies near you. There might be some like the meals on wheels that also have drop ins. Some help with light house cleaning and errands. I find the more I let people know, I'm heading down this crazy road, the more I'm surprised by the people willing to help! Also, some states have a program to keep people in their home instead of nursing homes, and pay neighbors, out relatives to take care of you. You never know who that kind person could be until you put it out there! I had to swallow my pride to make sure I can get help when the time is needed! God luck, it is scary to face it alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back