Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
Anyone in this group have this test done? If so willing to share results and actions after the test. Its a fact gluten increased inflammation and inflammation increases progression. Can this be something we are need to seriously look at?

What gluten sensitivity test. The only one I know about is a biopsy.

There's blood work that serves as justification for the bx. Dietary rechallenge can illuminate as well.

.Since I have a friend that is truly celiac and a husband who is gluten sensitive I've never seen anyone who didn't have G.I. symptoms or other clearer symptoms then we get an ALS. It's not really inflammatory response it's an inability to digest the gluten protein. It's not a systemwide inflammatory depending on the dose. I doubt sincerely it's all related ALS, but if there's blood work is relatively simple and not too expensive it might be interesting to know

my endocrinologist sent me for a blood test when i was complaining of stomach problems. it was positive. i'll see if i can find the name of the test.

then i went to see a gastroenterologist. had an endoscopy which showed all my villi were flat...so this may be an alternative test if you can't get a blood test. i've heard people having problems getting a test done...

going gluten free was a good thing. i do have to say i haven't been using gf hair products, lotions, etc., and i probably should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back