Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
New York
City
Cedarhurst
A friend just sent me a link suggesting coconut oil as an aid for ALS. Anyone familiar with this?

Today it is coconut oil that cures all that ails you
Last year it was fish oil

It used to be garlic.

Reminds me of those snake oil salesmen from the old west.

Roberta,

I have read articles about its benefit. Particularly in early onset Alzheimer's. Many PALS ingest it and also use it as a topical massage oil. It's not touted as a cure by any means, but it does help PALS keep weight on as well.

I consume 9 teaspoons a day and also massage it into my sore night nightly. I use a blender and add almond milk occasionally half an apple, an egg and banana. Seems to helping me. It should be extra vigin and organic.

Hi,

My husband massages my legs with coconut oil every day and my entire body a couple times a week. My ALS started with my left leg and has moved to my right a little. I was diagnosed in July, 2013. I've read it's good for the muscles. It's part of the Deanna Protocol, but if nothing else, it feels good and makes my skin soft! I cook with it occasionally. Try it. It's not expensive. I buy it locally from a holistic MD or order online from Vitamin Shoppe.

Good luck,
GJ

The whole purpose of coconut oil is an attempt to raise ketone levels to combat ALS. I personally think the DP is a failure, and there are much better drugs out there. However, I would encourage any pal to try anything and everything that they feel is benefitting them.

I don't do the DP either, but I do take COQ10, AKG and use the coconut oil. What better drugs are out there? I don't know of any. Please share.

Thanks.
GJ

A friend just sent me a link suggesting coconut oil as an aid for ALS. Anyone familiar with this?

Do a forum search, many posts on the subject. I started taking it last month, no real way of telling if coconut oil helps ALS. But if it helps with the good cholesterol then its probably a good overall health supplement. I don't think it will be harmful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back