Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
TN
City
Nashville
When I got my Bipap in April, I was provided a face mask. It fits me well. But, when I go to bed at night I like to read and need reading glasses. Reading glasses and the full mask are uncomfortable. Plus if I want to have a drink of water or, as the wife puts it, "eat crackers in bed," I have to pull the mask to one side.

I'm not eligible for a replacement mask by insurance till November. So, I decided to buy one on my own. I wanted a nasal pillow mask that left the front of the face open for eyeglasses. I found a nasal mask and it looked like it would do the job. The cost was more than I wanted to pay based on what I found on the internet. I found a video on youtube of a person who demonstrated taking the mask apart into its components. It's only four parts. So, I went back online, ebay, and cpap vendors and was able to get all four parts for only $75. I went with medium size nasal pillows.

I'm very pleased with the mask. When the time comes when I have to use the Bipap around the house, this is the mask I will use.

So there you go, hope you find this useful :|

Wearing the face mask all of the time, made my face look like someone with a stroke you couldn't hardly understand me I now wear the nasal mask in the day and face mask at night. My face is back to normal and so is my speech.

I use a cpap (actually an auto pap) for sleep apnea. What is the difference in the bipap. Will I be able to used one or the other for both conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back