10/2011
Country
CA
State
ON
City
ST. CATHARINES
Hi guys,
Mostly my right arm & hand are affected usually , but at night when I'm laying down, both arms and hands are terrible.
Both hands / arms are stiff, enough I can't really pull the covers over me when I roll over without throwing the hip into it..

Once I wake up and start moving again, everything goes back to my new normal of right arm / hand stiffness, and left, slightly weak, but not bad at all.

Scares the crap out of me every night as I think it'll stay that way come morning.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.
Casey

Are you on Baclofen ? I take higher dose at bedtime, low dose daytime, helps.

I do with my calves. It feels like I hiked miles and over did it. It's Spasticity. It just takes a trip to the bathroom to get it stretched out. Do you have a physical Theraoist that can give you range of motion exercises?

That's spasticity for ya. I take Baclofen in the day and Zanaflex at night. The Zanaflex is the big helper for my spasticity (especially in my hands... I don't wake up with my fingernails digging into my palms), but can't stay awake on the stuff, so switch to Baclofen in the day... it does a good job too. Stretching does help a bit. It would probably help more if I had someone to help me do it, but not ready to give up living alone yet.

Thanks.
I'm not on anything yet, so maybe i'll check with my script writer to ask his opinion.

Cheers,
Casey

I'm not either. So far it's managable.

Cheers to you Casey and Gulp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back