Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
So my room doorway is going to be moved/enlarged so that I can get my powerchair in and my bathroom is going to be enlarged/modified starting tomorrow. While I'm looking forward to having it done I'm freaked about how I'm going to handle the disruption while the work is being done. I may end up sleeping in my recliner in the living room for a while.

Wish me luck!

Good luck Barry. I hope they are fast, and you are not too discombobulated by it all. xx

Can they move your bed into the living during the reno? It might be easier on you if they could push aside the living room furniture and make you a temporary bedroom during the reno's. I hope they are quick and do a good job. And I hope you weather it all without too much distress.
Laurel

I like Laurel's idea! It can be very tiring, as the job runs on and on and on!

Barry I like Laurel's idea too. My experience with renovators is that you can double their estimate of a completion date and then throw in another day for good measure.

Sure will be nice for you afterwards though.

J

We just finished renovations in April. We moved my husband's bed and equipment to the spare bedroom across from the other bathroom. I swapped everything - furniture, closets, etc. It made the removation work "cleaner", and put everything we needed in the right area. It took about a week or two to get used to the new set up, but we lived with it for four months - from walking w/ walker to full blown wheelchair. It only took about 2 days to get used to the NEW bathroom! It will be well worth it!

Good luck with the renovation Barry.

What is the theme? Thomas the train or Buzz Lightyear?

Thanks everyone, I know that it will be rough but worth it. Maybe I'll just get the contractor to throw a drop sheet over me!

Richard, I was thinking the Playboy Mansion but Beth said no :roll:

Too bad Barry.

A grotto theme would have been amazing. The brother of my wife's friend is dating Miss October 2009. Her and some of her friends could have dropped by for the grand opening.

Last edited:
Good luck Barry! I hope the transition goes smoothly. Perhaps while the contractor is there he can add some lights and flames to your power chair!

I like Ted's idea! Nah I really hope they get you all settled in comfy until all is through!

Dude i just had the same thing done, its a pain in the start but well wthorth it i to had to set things up in front room until things got done.

Best wishes to you, Barry, during the remodel! I hope the recliner is comfortable!

Wishing you luck Barry! In the end it's all worth it :smile:

The contractor started at 8 am today while I was still in bed. The door came off, the doorframe and trim came off and the wall section came out. About an hour ago we tested it and my powerchair fits! Now I just need to get Beth to move all her junk out so I can turn around! So far so good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back