Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
CA
State
Ont
City
Ottawa
hi, i've enjoyed this informative site, this is my first post, just wondering when a good time would be to get in a hospital type bed? i love my bed but finding it harder to get and stay comfortable at night. i still have use of my legs indoors, and partial use of one arm. i do get leg and foot cramping/pain and sleep with lots of pillows, its tiring constantly positioning them. i'm trying to plan ahead as i'm mostly on my own. the other question is how do you deal with morning gagging and gunk. i'm fine until i brush my teeth and take my pills. the rest of the day is fine so far, its only in the morning. thanks in advance...

Call ALS Ont. and get one right away. If you're thinking, when, then it's past time for it.

AL.

Ditto to what Al said. It is time and it will be so much better for you.

well said - will do, thanks

let us know how you like it.

If you haven't called yet, ask if they have an inner-spring mattress to go with it as well as an alternating air overlay. You can always ask... these make a better (more natural), comfortable mattress.

thanks for the info - didn't know about the mattresses - will look into what is available.

Here's a thread about the morning gag and goo. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/tips-tricks-gadgets/12532-mucomyst.html If you'd like to read other posts, try typing in a key word in the "search" (click onto the word in white print) section on the blue bar. Also, look down at the bottom of the page--on this current one all the ideas have to do with beds. If you find one on suctioning, however, you might have more threads on that topic at the end of the page.

Best wishes on both the bed and the throat problems,
Ann

thanks for the help. i've found some very useful info and made notes. i see my pulmonologist and clinic in a week, i didn't know there were meds available at this stage.

more great info....

I hope your doctors and therapists are super when you go to clinic. Let us know how you make out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back