Diagnosis
05/2010
Country
FR
State
tarn et garonne
City
valeilles
DOC SAYS i will die within this year. SO ONE WOULD LIKE BTO FILLq those days with business ans fun and love and laughter. INstead of which i am bored bored bored, lonely lonely lonely, sad sad sad? Alone, homeless, scared, I see everyone in this place hospice - surrounded by their loving families and i am so alone alone aloneBOre bored bored. God i so need to be rescued and tken in by a loving family but it is never ever going to happen. heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Oh my;

If you were closer I would drive over to give you a hug.
I retired when I recieved my diagnosis and fear what you are saying....

Have you tried some interactive chat programs?...at least you will get immediate feedback like a real conversation.

Irismarie, I am very sorry for your situation. I am wondering, if you can't change your circumstances, you might be happier of you can change your outlook. Easier said than done I know. Most of us here are living on rationed time, many without partners or family. We don't know whether we have 6 months or 6 years. I don't think your new doctor does either. But we can choose how we spend that time. You have a wealth of experience that would be of great help to newbies to this forum if you choose to share it. What to do and what not to do. Your sharp sense of humour brings laughter to many peoples' days.

Hoping the new year brings brighter times for you.

Hugs,

John

Last edited:
You have so much wit and fun within you, IrisMarie. You could so easily begin and direct a folly, and get Barry to get in cahoots with you (which you do very well):shock: and become or return to being a major entertainment within this community.

It is so good to see you start another thread--and the title should have tipped me off regarding the author.

As John said, you have much experience to share with new folks.

Finally (for the moment!) we love you. Just because we can't hug with arms doesn't make it less real. As long as I'm able to type, I'll be here. Phil is building me a special table for typing. I'll just tell you he spoke of "the real estate" when measuring around me, which I thought very rude... but also funny. I thought of my need to share that precious moment with you.
XO (times a gazillion)

my love..do something outrageous...rage against it...dont be ignored.....love johnny...

thqnk you< Qll of you qre so right< BUt it is the need of the hu;qn touch qnd to be qble to get OUT, qn qlso not knozing zhere i zill be in q zeeks ti;eM Thqt destqbiliwes ;e totqlly 6 especiqlly qs i hqve solittle confindence it zill be good enough
sorry
i feel damaged and battered and lonely and lost beyond repair.......... Will try to do better i loved my house, gadrden, dogs, friends, countryside, freedom, my voice, my walks, my food and drink.
Well nze are most in the same boart but imagine if someone your home away from you

IrisMarie,No doctor knows when you will die.............They can only guess .God decides that .PLEASE GET THAT SPUNK BACK & SHOW THEM YOU ARE IN CONTROL. We all love you so much .I look for your posts everyday hoping to see you posted .Where are your children? Please know that God loves you & you are not alone.GOD BLESS.
LOVE YA
SHARON

Sharon, with all due respect to your good intentions, if you know Iris Marie from reading her posts, she is not a religious person. I don't think this is the place to preach to people your particular religious persuasions. I suspect Iris would be more interested in a Muslim telling her that 17 virgin hunks were waiting for her :twisted:. There is a widely used Christian thread here that you can use and Iris can read if she wishes.

Also, if you have followed her travails, you would know where her children are and know that this is part of her pain.

Apologies to Iris for speaking on her behalf and I hope I have read her right.

John

Sharon, with all due respect to your good intentions, if you know Iris Marie from reading her posts, she is not a religious person. I don't think this is the place to preach to people your particular religious persuasions. I suspect Iris would be more interested in a Muslim telling her that 17 virgin hunks were waiting for her :twisted:. There is a widely used Christian thread here that you can use and Iris can read if she wishes.

Also, if you have followed her travails, you would know where her children are and know that this is part of her pain.

Apologies to Iris for speaking on her behalf and I hope I have read her right.

John

Clearly Sharon meant well.. Why publicly chastise her instead of a nicely worded private message?

Clearly Sharon meant well.. Why publicly chastise her instead of a nicely worded private message?

Because a message of Christian goodwill appears to offend John as much as he assumes it offends Iris. Even if it wasn't directed at him.

There is no "meaning well" when it comes to the "godbotherers", don't you know? They should keep their nonsense to themselves.

Right, John?

Everyone seems to be taking everyone the wrong way on this thread. Lets not forget that Iris started this thread, and considering the title, I dont think we need to get sidetracked.

Iris- it is complete crap that your situation is what it is. it isnt fair and it stinks. I feel for you. I truly do.
Though we seem to have this huge body of water between us, if there ever is anything that you can think of, that i could do for you to help, please please do not hesitate to ask.

Because a message of Christian goodwill appears to offend John as much as he assumes it offends Iris. Even if it wasn't directed at him.

There is no "meaning well" when it comes to the "godbotherers", don't you know? They should keep their nonsense to themselves.

Right, John?

WOW. Nice.

Iris, as bad as our situation may seem at the very least, my husband and I both have families who care deeply about us and are willing to help. I am sorry that you do not have a family that embraces you and is willing to be your caregiver. I am sure that if any person of worth were to meet you, they would immediately see your worth and want to help you make the most of life. As I saw other posts, at the very least, you have a sense of humor that most of us envy. Please don't let your diagnosis define you. You have a purpose for being here every day of your life that you live on this Earth. Make the most of it, and at the very least know that many people on this forum know that you are valuable and are here to listen.

From what I read of Irismarie, she would appreciate and accept any well wishing from Christians, what she is not for is any form of intolerance, she is open minded and a free spirit.

That would probably have been a better way to handle it. I thought she meant well and said as much. However I know how I would feel if I were dying and was told that God would select the time. I think Iris Marie would feel the same and wanted to dissuade others from following suit. Imagine getting your final earthly guidance from trfogey for example. Not much Christian goodwill there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back