Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
The bathroom is gutted, the plumbing and electrical has been moved, everthing is torn out. Next week starts the rebuild. Interior doors are here, bathroom lights and mirrors,faucets and showerheads, tile and flooring selected......its moving right along:)

Hooray! The " fun" part is selecting the goodies and-----seeing it look beautiful at the end.
Had a realtor in recently and and she said the handicapped rooms are very desirable- even if you are not handicapped!
(Still trying to decide whether to stay or sell! Big and hard decision! But I'm taking my time in deciding!)
So glad all is moving along for you. Hugs. Donna

Thanks Donna. I figure there are so few houses here with these amenities. Our contractor said he didn't know how people could do this without va help yet houses aren't built with anything standard so mods almost have to be done. Its crazy.

I know lots of others are having work done...wonder how far along and what they are doing?!?!?

Take photos of all the walls with the plumbing and electrical exposed and take measurements and write them on printouts of your photos, this really helps when it comes to where you place your fittings like towel rails toilet roll holder, last thing you want to happen is to drill thru a water pipe after all the tiling is finished.
Love Gem

Gm, Thanks for the tip.:) I sweet talked the contractor into doing it for me:):):)

We are doing it all our selves as we have no financial help. Our tiny 1949 house was and all original 900 sq ft brick ranch with a "breezway" type add on from the back bedroom to the garage (but no garage access). We have knocked out the wall to the kitchen to give the galley style kitchen a bigger access to the living room. We have also removed the hallway wall from the livingroom/diningroom area to the bedrooms and bathroom as the hallway would have been very tight for a PWC. The "breezway" area does not have a door but will get a french one that will open to a little "french garden" my wife has created. This will be ground level and the path will allow the wheelchair to enter with no stairs. The "breezway" is also as wide as the bedroom so it will get a hallway and become a master handicap bath and walk/roll in closet.

Here is a bad online design I did along with a picture from the street and the "french garden", showing the "breezway", which I am building the grape arbor and gate for also:

Attachments

• house design.png
    house design.png
    954.3 KB · Views: 212
  • DSC07719.jpg
    DSC07719.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 210
  • DSC07711.jpg
    DSC07711.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 269
It looks and sounds amazing Pete. I would so love a garden of peacefulness like yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back