Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
IRL
State
Leinster
City
Cavan
I'd like to say hi to all and join the team. I'm 32 and was diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease in Dublin, Ireland on 26/2/15.
Andy

Re: Hi, new member

Sorry to welcome you Andy. Looking forward to getting to know you

Welcome, Andy. Say anything you like here. We're friendly.

Welcome Andy.

Welcome to the club no one wants to join. Make yourself at home, you are among friends.
VIncent

Hi Andy, Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with MND. Yes, everyone is friendly, and you can say anything you like as long as you don't say anything that is politically incorrect. I've seen what happens to those people, and it is not pretty.

Sorry to welcome you Andy. You will have a lot of support here.

So sorry to welcome you here, Andy. It is a great place with many wonderfully helpful people.

Steve

Welcome Andy, though I wish we didn't have to as no one wants to be in this elite club!

Thank you all, I spent a few months reading many posts while I got my head around my diagnosis and got some great information. Its not news I expected or wanted but it is what it is. I don't know what journey this condition will take me on but I finish everyday with this thought....Tomorrow is a new day and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it!

Welcome, Andy. Carpe diem, as you say.

Best,
Laurie

Gee Andy... I see you've been quickly welcomed by many. Maybe, not to bother, you might tell us what MND you have been diagnosed with. And again, not to bother, a little more info of your journey to diagnosis being as young as you are (32), as you noted that you have read many posts for months before joining... while getting your head wrapped around your diagnosis.

Welcomes and all... we hope it isn't ALS but one of the many other MNDs.

("Journey" was the word used here years ago concerning one's experience concerning a diagnosis of MND.)

Sorry to see you here Andy. But, welcome. Many of the wise people here will give you great support, from experience.
Also, you may want to watch the ABCs of ALS on you tube. It is informative. You might recommend friends or loved ones watch who want or need a better understanding about this disease.
Marty

Al,
Since Europeans use "MND" to signify what we in the States call "ALS," and related disorders, that is likely all the specificity that Andy got in his dx.

Best,
Laurie

Last edited:

Golly, does that mean those folks over there may not know what they are going to be treated for from ALS to PLS, PBP, PSP, PMA, SMA, MMN to Kennedy's?

Gee, if one brush stroke covers it all over there... their healthcare system is something for us to envy and even be jealous of. :)

Whatever shade of grey they painted Andy let's still hope it isn't ALS. :)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back