Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS by Baylor Neurology and is set up to begin their clinic. I've read a little on line about the Methodist MDA-ALS Clinic which sounds like it's been in existence longer but it's very hard to tell what the similarities/differences are between these two clinics. I feel VERY fortunate that there are TWO clinics in Houston as I'm sure that is very unusual or possibly unique to our medical center. Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks - Kay K

Kay, don't know anything about these clinics but - a question I would call and ask each is how many ALS patients are you currently seeing. We spent a lot of time at the Tampa ALS clinic in the VA hospital and it was reassuring to know they had a caseload of 400 ALS patients. With big numbers like that, it allows them to help decipher the mystery of why, how, etc. and also allows them to know the many variations in symptoms, progression and how best to treat these. Donna

thank you so much for responding.

Kay

>My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS by Baylor Neurology and is set up to begin their clinic. I've read a little on line about the Methodist MDA-ALS Clinic which sounds like it's been in existence longer but it's very hard to tell what the

Stanley Appel used to manage both, but when they split who knows. Call Karen Toennis at HM and ask .. we go there ...

-----
Max - Wednesday, October 15, 2014 4:29:18 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

BTW, Max, Kay's question reminded me of the split -- sorry, I forgot before about 2 clinics now -- have both on map but they refuse to display separately because they are too close -- guess I will have to append a spreadsheet.
Kay, there are other cities w/ multiple clinics, but none next door that I know of since TMC's a pretty unique place, before and after the split.

It doesn't really matter --- they are our death watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back