Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
Just got approval after 7 months, WOW! What an ordeal! Now waiting for final escrow agent then the contractor can start. Yea!

It is seriously frustrating. Once the agent and contractor get together for the dispersement of money, the va has to approve it and send you a letter. Ask them to email to you even if they must snail mail it. Contractors will usually start with the email. Are you using the hisa grant also?

Congratulations, seven months isn't bad at all. It is when you have ALS but overall it isn't too bad. If you are taking the veterans mortgage life insurance you can opt in as soon as the escrow check is deposited. If you're contractor is organized you should move right along!!

Great news, Chally. It is frustrating, but things will be so much easier when it is done.

Becky

Becky is right Chally! You will need to remind yourself it is worth it while you go thru the process. I did all the haggling, locating of vendors,title etc, dealing with the VA since Steve couldnt. He said he couldnt have done it and wouldnt have gotten the benefit. Luckily, we had a couple key people that helped...our pva guy that is located in va regional center and our housing rep. He was very patient and explained things to me.

Just remember ìf someone is supposed to get back to you and they dont, call them because nothing moves if you dont help it. Also depending on what you do, you may want to consider staying somewhere else for at least part of the renovations. We had so much dust they set off the alarm system multiple times

Hey goose,Mary,Becky, thanks for your support! I think the log jam is opened now and we should be moving along.want that mortgage ins. Most of all! Sent in paper work on that. Yea the dust and noise might be the push we need to move( temp) back up to the farm. Planning to start in April. Love ya all thanks chally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back