Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
Au
State
QLD
City
Brisbane
Hi, I'm new to this site and wondered if there are any foods you have found easy to swallow - I am still having things like yoghurt, avocado, and thickened smooth juices, but anything with the smallest particles causes me to choke. I am having a peg put in within the next two weeks, but want to have some nutritious foods as well. Appreciate your thoughts. Thank you

You can puree pretty much anything with a good blender and add liquid for consistency. Unless you end up with a tube with a very small lumen you can also put "real food" through the tube but be careful to make it liquid enough. Be cautious about swallowing you do not want to aspirate and get pneumonia

I've just recently been diagnosed, but am having more and more trouble eating. I love meat, so I am finding it hard to satisfy myself sometimes. I have been eating broiled fish and lots of mashed potatoes.

My husband liked meat also. Some of our standbys were bacon cooked to be soft, not crispy, with fat trimmed; mashed meat loaf; lasagna and ravioli without the coarser meat sauce and peeled (with a veggie peeler) hot dogs. Of course, you can puree anything w/ the right equipment.

and spam! oh the thing I miss :-( -- haven't eaten in a year. still eat ok in my dreams :)

for beef I will grill a porterhouse and give steve the filet. He can't eat any other beef. No more pork. Turkey and rotisserie chicken cut small work. We are doing more and more smoothies with greek yogurt, fruit, fruit juice, and ice cream.

Thank you so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back