Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
WV
City
Morgantown
Good afternoon from WV. :smile: I was just diagnosed with PBP on the 17th and am sure I have a lot of questions. But for right now I have one about something bothering me. phlegm!
Has anyone found a way to get rid of the phlegm?

Also I have a comment. It is so nice to find this forum and others who understand what I am going through right now. Something like this is a shock to your system no matter how tough you think you are.
Thanks for being there.

Have you tried Mucinex? It's over the counter and helps me.

AL.

When I have thick mucus I will use musinex. but I have thick secretions... like spit that I can get choked up on sometimes. It is hard to clear out of my throat and scary.

I was told by Nuero at Duke that Papaya juice had been known to help thin secretions. I bought some chewable papaya Enzyme at GNC and it really helps me. I only take it when I need it. Papaya juice is pretty expensive so I tried Mott's NATURAL Apple juice (fresh pressed). These 2 things have really helped me a lot.

Be careful to make sure that you are drinking enough. If you are not it can make your saliva get thick.

Good luck to you in finding what works for you !

I have a cough assist machine that gets rid of phlegm for me it couch out and I just get it up and swallow it.

Thanks for tip about Papaya juice, Lisa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back