Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
Utah
City
Sandy
I have been having the last couple of months an issue with urination. Seems I can't go. My morning pee sometimes doesn't happen until bedtime and then its a wait. Then there is the dribble afterward. I have had my prostate and Psa levels checked and they are normal. Sorry if this is insensitive but am wondering as I haven't read of this being a symptom.

Hey Port, it must be the Mormon water!
My guess is that your are not drinking enough water, or your meds are making it hard to empty your bladder, and urinate less often.
My clinic doc says it is very common to have frequency issues, as well as problems emptying.
Are you on Oxybutrin, it is commonly used to slow urgency and frequency.
My problem is the opposite of yours......the only time I don't have to pee is when I am peeing!
Also, most of the typical MND meds have "trouble emptying out" as a possible side effect.:oops:

Never thought of that big Mark. Lol. Must be the case. Actually, I drink a lot of water......have a glass on my desk and everywhere it go. Just. Gotten to the point where I don't like to talk to the Dismissive docs at the U about anything anymore.

That is really strange, you must be retaining water? Curious about how much water you do drink? There has got to be a common denominator with this.
I detect a lack of enthusiasm toward the U clinic. I have my fourth clinic visit day after tomorrow, and I am really burned out already as for the effectiveness of clinic. I had Bromberg for clinic and felt like he did not answer my questions well, and he seemed indifferent to my concerns. For some unknown reason they switched me to Dr. Gibson and I really do feel like she tries to address my concerns.
I don't think I will even voice any concerns on this visit. In the words of our mascot Maximus.....IIWII.

Retaining water might be right as I am putting on weight but don't eat much. Also last checkup showed decrease in kidney function. Never connected the dots I guess. Your new doc and I didn't really hit it off either. I never found peace of mind till I went to the Mayo to be honest. Now I go in with no expectations and am rarely disappointed. My impression of dr. B is that he is a good but highly distracted man. In any event, I always leave with the feeling that patients are there for the hospital and not the other way around.

I'm definetly the opposite! I take Oxybutnin and have had not 1 but 2 sacral nerve stimulators implanted to help, the 1st one was defective, plus the mesh sling and still have leakage or full blown accidents. When I was 1st diagnosed in 2007 they didn't list urinary problems as a symptom, and then finally heard so many of us having this issue that they finally added it. I also don't fully empty my bladder which of course means I suffer from UTI's.....ahhhhh the joys of PLS.

Hi Port,

Sounds to me like a neurogenic bladder -- and the feeling of "urgency" is caused by spasticity of the bladder. My neuro also told me it is a symptom of PLS.

I know preciselywhat you mean -- because I also have normal PSA and normal prostate exam. But I also have bladder spasticity (I can feel it). I take tamsulosin for it -- which helps immensely (you'd be surprised at the difference).

Sometimes, tamsulosin is paired with Myrbetriq (which I also need to check into).

Mike

I've had bladder problems since the beginning. Retention, spasms, taking forever to actually empty, etc, etc. Not fun. I'm not on any meds for it yet, as I"m not getting UTIs and can still go on my own, it's just annoying. But I would bring it up to your Dr.

Hi Port...just as Mike said it sounds like spastic bladder.
When I get it I feel like I constantly need to go but like you dais its just dribbles........
Flaccid/normal bladder it comes out freely....spastic bladder the muscles are squeezed tight so its dribs and drabs.
If its a big on going problem talk to your Gp or Nuro as there are meds to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back