Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Woodinville
I am scheduled for an EMG with my neuro on Tuesday to determine what is the main cause of my hand/arm/wrist pain and clenched fists at night. The fist clenching started in July and I now wear resting hand splints at night to keep my hands straight. Also take valium at night along with my night time dose of baclofen. At my last appointment with my neuro he said he could not rule out the possibility of carpal tunnel issues. Somedays it's not so bad, but then other days either my right or left hand/wrist (or both)and forearm muscle will ache. Just recently the index and ring finger on my right hand get tingling and numb but only lasts for a little while. I am looking forward to finding out what's going on. If it is carpal tunnel I'm hoping something can be done to fix it. I am worried that if it is PLS progression that I'll need more baclofen and it could get worse. I can deal with it (like we all do with alot of the symptoms of PLS), but still worried because it is always "the unknown".

I am excited about my new lift chair I ordered today! It should be here before Christmas. It is becoming more and more difficult getting off the soft, cushy sofa we have in our family room, so the chair will be a big help!

Take care,
LouLou

Hopefully they can fix the issue! I have horrible hand cramps and pain, so I can so relate with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back