Pls w/leg pain, Myoclonic Jerking, RA, or bladder spasticity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitetiger

Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Diagnosis
03/2012
Country
US
State
CO
City
Aurora
Hey All,

Haven't been here in a while. Curious as any Pls patients if you have any of these symptoms mentioned in the thread title? Leg pain caused by severe cramps, especially at night? Myoclonic jerking all night long? RA? Bladder spasticity?

Also severe toe cramps? Anyone?

Hello - I have not had leg cramps except for some dandly charley horses in the morning when I first stretch. They make me fly out of bed in a hurry and then I can work them out. I've also had bad toe cramps at night where I've had to get up and massage them until they quit cramping. I eat a banana every day as I've heard they help with cramping, but with PLS... who knows? When I am sitting at the edge of the bed, usually when I'm dressing, I get the clonus going on in both legs. It stops when I stand up. It is very wierd.

I hope you are managing this health issue okay. Seems everyone has different symptoms. Many blessings to you.

LouLou

Thanks LouLou for the input. I am doing fine with it. I've been dealing with these issues for quite sometime. My wife is having the most difficulty with it.

I hope you are doing as best as possible considering your circumstances.

Leg cramps all of the time, worse in the morning.

Myoclonic jerks periodically thru the night in upper arms/shoulders.

Hi,
I was diagnosed with PLS last summer. I have leg and toe cramps and severe myoclonic jerks in legs. Like Zaphoon, I have had them in my arms. That was such a strange feeling. I have trouble with swallowing, and I also have trouble with bladder spasticity. My doctor started me on Baclofen last summer. He slowly increased the amount until most of these problems are under control for a good part of the day. I was so excited to be able to sleep for most of the night. Even though I still struggle with the symptoms, the Baclofen has made a huge difference. I realize it doesn't work for everyone.

I take four 1 mg tablets of clonezpam(Valium) to help me sleep through the night because the myoclonic jerking is so bad. I have to be knocked out or no sleep. Can't sleep in the same bed as my wife on the days she has to work. They gave her clonezpam to sleep due to my jerking. Crazy!

I take tinazidine along with pain meds for the cramps. How much relief do all you get from pain meds for the cramping? I take morphine & Vicodin throughout the day but it only helps me to tolerate it a bit better. Heating pad helps a lot. Also massaging my legs helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back