johnnyliverpool1

Distinguished member
Country
uk
State
moved back to blighty
City
britain
...diagnosis of mnd is by exclusion...ms, stroke and tumour are just 3 that can be excluded..there are loads more...all with long names...that can and cannot be excluded...now, this is were i struggle to explain mesen...if more than 1 desease cannot be excluded then how can mnd be a diagnosed of exclusion....am i not right....theory..neoros do know what that piece of ingredience is...and there not letting on..trade secret..wad u think...or do u know.....johnnynot to bright

I know how you feel. I have other symptoms that my neuro scratches his head. Since I flunked the emg he said ALS.
Cheers,
Susan

Too dumb to really understand the question. Try again Johnny. :) sorry

ok here goes.................
a patient has clear umn symptoms and clinical findings,there are only a handfull of deseases and conditions that effect the umn's.
an mri and other tests are done to rule out the neurological deseases and conditions that can effect the umn,s.............ms,stroke,tumour, spinal injury/disease,cerebal palsy would be n/a in an adult and mitochondrial disease can have umn signs/symptoms.
then you are left with als determined by emg..........then hsp determined by no progression above the waist..........which leaves only pls.
does that make johnnysense.

well olly babes...al read it ntil i get it.....as usual, a well constructed lesson..yr brillcos you is.......and alyoopsy i didnt understand the question myself..i checked and i hadnt been out for a lager or two...now i gotta figure ollies reply.....surprised , at first reading the problem dont seem overtly complicated..when u figure it u will let us know i hope,cos u is knowledge....and your old man...loves both..johnnywaitformenextpuzzler..

Haha, illite answer is probably spot on, but not understanding the question, I really have no idea! I need a larger, or a nice pint of cider would go down a treat. Burp

JOhnny, if I understood your question right--there are specific findings on EMG that are indicative of ALS--if the other causes of those abnormalities are not found.

Olly, thanks for the UMN explanation--so that means that my UMN signs DO mean something other than me imagining things. Maybe I'm not losing my mind after all. Of late, I've wondered.

notme, am talking pls here not als cos i got umn syndrome....and i am playing devils advocate here...chuck it out and see.......if pls is a diagnosed of excusion then u exclude all the others until u r left with pls.....correct...amundo...but if u like me get no diagnosed..then obviously the neuros never got to the last pinball...correct...therefore..there is no diagnosed of exclusion is there.....so....there is an other symptom the neuros are keeping to themselves...and wen it shows up u get a diagnosed and its..what a clever bunch of neuros we are..and it sorts the wheat from the chaff....am right am i not.....Ollie understands me like my missus...it was the missuses birthday last week and i bought her two state of the art toilet seats..she was delight until i said happy birthday..and she aint spoke to me since..women....loves johnny...

am certain i typed pls where the als crops up in the above message...please substitute pls in all cases...thanking you ...i am not able to talk als....

It's just so darn rare Johnny that they dont like giving the diagnosis out to anyone. You gotta have the UMN signs for 3-5 years, because you are more likely to develop LMN signs during that time and have ALS.
My neuro has never had a case before. It continues to be wait and see with many provisional diagnosis of UMN syndromes.

I wouldn't talk to my Hubby if he got me toilet seats. Mind you I gave him an electric drill once. I suppose that's just as bad.

Aly- men love drills. but a woman getting a toilet seat? Oh my Johnny. From here on out, I think you need to come on here and check with us before you get the missus any gifts!

aly and lizt.....but when you lift the lid on em..they play her favourite song.....keep your sweet lips closer to the phone, sung by jim reeves...she is still not speaking...ah well....

maybe its a good thing... she's speechless! such a great gift and all... LOL

Ok, Johnny boy, it's time to make up. Go out and get your wife something special. Maybe a nice lunch somewhere, followed by a visit to a shop of her liking.

Gotta keep your missus happy, us woman are in charge you know :)

alley..u is right...al take her for an icecream...and then to the pound shop...that should bring her round....yep...loves johnno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back