Diagnosis
11/2006
Country
US
State
NY
City
Albany
My husband's employer, Pepsi Bottling Group of Latham, has partnered with the St. Peter's ALS Center in Albany, NY to provide volunteer services to patients of the center.

Bonded contractors will build ramps, remodel bathrooms, etc. Folks will landscape or just clean up your yard. Delivery men can pick up equipment and bring it to your home. These guys are skilled and eager to help. Don't be shy and think big, or small if that's all you need. Call Susie, Barb, or Rosemary to make arrangements.

Pepsi always was my drink of choice. Good for them.

AL.

Wow that is such great news... Thanks Liz, for spreading some cheer.. Maybe I will even let my son have a Mountain Dew now and then..

Liz...this is so wonderful! I was not sure of the scope of their volunteerism...that is really incredible. I am going to give Rose Mary a call very soon about some things that have been on my mind. I hate asking for help....and having to accept help...but I am realizing that it is how we will all survive this jouney. Thanks for sharing this great news. KR

Hey Kelly -

I know what you mean. I hate having 'people' in the house.

They're getting ready to remodel our bathroom. We have to pay for materials but there are no labor costs. They'll do plumbing, wiring, the works. Susie came to the house to provide an OT consult for the design plans.

If you get these guys up to your house, tell them Dick and Liz Millet referred you. Spread the word.

Liz

I am very happy for you, it is nice to see that people care and are willing to help.

Great news, Liz. Good to hear from you again, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back