Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
US
State
FLORIDA
City
Jacksonville
Ello. For those of you on baclofen, what is your dosing schedule like? Today my husband got bumped from 60mg to 80mg. At 60mg he was taking 2 pills at wake up, lunch and dinner. Now, at 80, they want him at 2 pills ever 6 hours....that didn't register until we got home and I did the math :/ Is it very important that he wake up in the middle of the night for his 4th dose?

Baclofen shouldn't be a race to max dose. I surely wouldn't wake him up for doses.

Kona I would give the doctors office a call and ask how he sees this being done.

I don't think any of the PALS here wake up in the middle of the night for Baclofen though!

Oh thank God, because that sounded horrible.

I been having a lot of cramping and spasticity and my doc has me on Baclofen 10mg; up to 6 tabs per day. I do not know what a good maintenance dose would be; as it seems nothing will take away the cramping; I am unable to take Quinine due to other meds that I am on. Any ideas or suggestions to help reduce severity of cramping? Besides my calf muscles, the muscles under my chin if I open my mouth a certain way, sometimes even when yawning they can go into cramps, it definitely hurts and gets some yipes out of me.

I know before I was dx'd with ALS, I had episodes where I would yawn repeatedly (dozens of times) in the evening, trying to suck in enough air to counteract it.

For cramps ( as opposed to spasticity) magnesium works for me. Pickle juice or mustard also recommended but if you can take it and if it is available in Canada, ask for mexilitine. It was bring trialed for slowing progression and the PALS reported significant reduction in cramping

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back