Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
does anyone have any recommendations for doctors in the Seattle or Portland area?
Looking for a second opinion.

I wish you all the very best for the search for a trusted, knowledgeable ALS doctor, and also with the second opinion.
God bless, Janelle x

Check out ALS Associations web site for sources (alsa.org).

I saw ALS clinics in Seattle, Spokane, & Portland.

I would certainly go to an ALS Clinic, not just a Neurologist. You want someone who deals with ALS all day everyday.

Good luck!

BK

Seattle must have an ALS support group, which you would find out about through the ALS clinic or association. I have attended two different support groups, and met very knowledgeable people there. I come away learning something new each time. Recently I was seriously warned about a certain doctor I was referred to, and was able to make changes. So I'd check out the support group(s) in the area.
- Charlene

Were you diagnosed at UW or Virginia Mason? You can go to either one for a 2nd opinion. You could also go to OHSU in Portland. Technically, there is a clinic at Swedish now. I live in Seattle and would be happy to meet up for coffee or help you however I can. The MDA was doing a support group at Bailey-Boushay but I don't see a listing for it right now. The ALSA has only a virtual group here at the moment. They are very nice, but don't expect insights about docs from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back