Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
Uni
State
Texas
City
San Antonio
Azilect is a drug approved for Parkinsons. It is an MAOI-B, meaning inspite of the FDA warning there are no dietary restrictions or medication interactions to worry about -- One only has to be concerned if on an MAOI-A such as Parnate. It is currently in a trial for ALS. I discovered that Azilect stops neurons from dying (apoptosis) and started the medication February 10. My symptoms have improved a bit and have not progressed further. I also take Riluzole and Nuedexta (yes Dextromorphan/Quinidine and I received the FDA warnings about Dextromorphan and Azilect which at the bottom says Selegiline (another MAOI-B) does not interact with Dextromorphan). Nuedexta helps with speech as well as PBA symptoms..
Talk to your Neurologist with this new knowledge and lets win this battle.

There are a few other interactions. I am glad you appear to be having a positive effect. As I said otherwhere "it stops neurons from dying" is an optimistic statement. If it did that those who take it would not progress at all. And that has not been shown. I hope your positive experience continues. Do you take anything else

>Azilect is a drug approved for Parkinsons

how did you get approved for it? I also take Riluzole, fingolimod, and Nuedexta

Hi there,
Quick question - how did you get prescribed fingolimod? Isn't that a drug for MS?
What is it doing for you?

The
Hope4Me

I spent 6 months working on the va chief neuro :)

cann't tell if it helps as progression has no baseline ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back