Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Bellingham
Am wondering if anyone else has had this situation -- the thumb of my antrophied (Is this a word?) left hand jumps all over the place! It throbs fairly consistently moving as much as a half inch sometimes.

I have amusing little bounces occasionally in my hand or chest or cheeks. Don't know why. They're prevented when I take pramipexole daily.

I take the pramipexole to control Restless Leg Syndrome, which I've had for 30 years. The severity has increased so badly that now, if I don't take the med on time, my uncontrolled "twitch" is explosive enough to knock me out of my chair.

I have spasms in my fingers and my left thumb is virtually useless but, no can't say I've had the jumping you're describing. Alex

My husband's hand will cramp and spasm to the point he has a claw. He hasto uncurl his fingers with his other hand or I will massage it and uncurl the fingers. He cant do it on his own just trying to straighten his fingers.

I wear a hand/finger-straightening brace every other night in bed that my occupational therapist made for me. It was suggested recently that I wear it during the daytime intermittently but it gets in the way of using the hand for anything if I do.

My right big toe dances A LOT. It bends in half and I just watch it move all on its own. Then the muscles flexing in my legs continue to amaze me, I video them once in a while.

> I video them once in a while

<bg>

My husband's hand will cramp and spasm to the point he has a claw. He hasto uncurl his fingers with his other hand or I will massage it and uncurl the fingers. He cant do it on his own just trying to straighten his fingers.

I have same problem daily.

hand braces to really help with the spasticity and I found that when in a brace Chris did not have the high level of twitching

maybe the stretching was helping in that regard?

I just can NEVER tell when my posts will go to mod ..... doesn't even keep me on my toes (so to speak)

i think that's dying muscles. it did it in my hands, arms, lags. when i lost my arms my muscles was jumping all the time. ones there gone it don.t do it so much. it was so bad i could not sleep. my fingers are all over the place. im always polling them apart. the muscles in my lags are jumping bad now and there getting small like my arms did. it's real hard for me to walk any more. now here is the bad thing from this i lost my but. you know what it's like setting with no but. it hurts.........

i think that's dying muscles. it did it in my hands, arms, lags. when i lost my arms my muscles was jumping all the time. ones there gone it don.t do it so much. it was so bad i could not sleep. my fingers are all over the place. im always polling them apart. the muscles in my lags are jumping bad now and there getting small like my arms did. it's real hard for me to walk any more. now here is the bad thing from this i lost my but. you know what it's like setting with no but. it hurts.........

Yes. Unfortunately. The doctor explained to us that the twitches occur when the nerve is dying and the system is trying (in vain) to recruit new pathways. It's a sign that the muscle is about to be paralyzed, we were told.

Dav you are going to have to be careful with that but!

Pressure sores serious, and PALS who have lost too much weight are particularly prone to them. You need to have an OT look at all this. You got your new PWC, do you have a roho on it to look after this?

I agree, once the nerve to a muscle has died, no more twitching. So in some ways, twitching is a good sign, at least there is some nerve functioning even if it's going crazy ...

tillie im sorry for asking, what is roho..........

>tillie im sorry for asking, what is roho..........

considered the best in wheelchair seats --- anyone know if the VA covers them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back