Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
GA
City
Thomasville
Tom is beginning to have problems holding up his head. He also has had a few instances where it falls backward. So he admits he needs a neck brace. Any suggestions? He is still quite an active person - drives, yardwork, riding mower, even still golfs, etc (which we are still amazed and eternally grateful for). Thanks! You all always come through! Nancy

Look into headmaster or shane's neck brace.

My husband has tried them all- the soft, semi rigid, ones that sit on your chest and support your chin. Unfortunately, he didn't like any but I know others find them a big help (and I get frustrated when I see his head falling back, or resting on his chest when I know a brace would help!)
Glad your hubby is still so active! Sure that helps keep his spirits up. He might want to check with the doctor about the riding lawn mower, as the bouncing is hard on the neck! That is the only time mine would wear a brace!
If your husband is a vet, they will provide different ones till he finds one that works well for him. Good luck.

I've tried a few and Shane's neck brace was by far the most comfortable and useful for me. Only problem was it fell apart after about a week. Called Shane and he is sending me a new one.

I tried a Headmaster collar and didn't like it.
I also use the Shane's neck brace whenever my neck muscles start to hurt, or whenever I will be jerked around. ( like in a boat, on lawnmower etc.

I try to lay down for a few minutes each day to just give my neck a rest.

My husband went yesterday and got measured for his neck brace. I did not take him and he asked no questions. He said they measured him and he paid for the brace. He was sent to a.place where they make prosthetics. Any ideas on what he might be getting? The doctor said a hard collar/brace...but what exactly is that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back