Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
I went diving today. :) Two dives to 15 and 10 meters for about 40 minutes each.

I am now COMPLETELY wiped out! But I am so glad I went. Being in the water was so freeing.

My friend basically had to gera me up, but falling in the water was so easy. Once I got under I moved slowly, but with out much pain. I cramped a few times, but that's just normal in the course of my day.

The hardest part was getting back in the boat. He took my gear off in the water and then had to push while the boat captain pulled. It was a huge effort to get me back in, but it worked. :)

My buddy wants me to go again in early December. We will probably go diving off the coast of Oman in Musandam.

Pictures later when I get my camera back. I left it with him and he has to bring it by later.

A&A,
Sounds awesome, and I'm glad the boys were able and willing to do the 'heavy lifting' that made this possible.
Two side notes... December is a good time to be in Oman. I was deployed at the onset of the war in Afghanistan and spent the summer months there. Hotter than I could have even imagined, and I'm sure it was the Devil who had a say in the creation of camel spiders!
I think it was on this website that I read this joke about divers... Why do divers sit on the edge of the boat and fall backwards into the water? Because if they fell forward, they'd still be in the boat!
Hang in there!

That makes perfect sense Jeff! :)

What is a shark's favorite Star Wars character?

JAWa ;)

I hope I uploaded them properly

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0467.jpg
    IMG_0467.jpg
    835.5 KB · Views: 405
As a lifelong Dodger fan, I respectfully request that on your next dive you leave that shirt at the bottom of the sea!
At least now I know how you keep the sharks away!

Thanks for sharing the pics Rob. It sounds awesome. Hope you are able to go again. Kim

wow, that was so great to read that you got out there and did it and had such a great time.

Amazing what difference some insistence by friends can make.

You so should go again! Rest well now

As a lifelong Dodger fan, I respectfully request that on your next dive you leave that shirt at the bottom of the sea!
At least now I know how you keep the sharks away!

I don't need to keep the shirt at the bottom, the Braves do that to themselves quite well :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back