Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
Queensland
City
Surfers paradise
I am curious to know how fast can a person deteriorate...I'm scared (still unsure that I have this but evidence certainly points that way) its been 3 months and I'm still walking but feeling weak from walking for too long or if I'm up to often, can still grip things etc.

Just the thought of progressing to a later stage scares the shit out of me, I don't think I could cope and would possibly attempt suicide or ask to be "put down" nicely.

Are there any treatments or alternative treatments that I could start doing now that may prolong my life? I hear there's a drug that gives you an extra few months...but what about alternative medicine? Does the bone marrow stem cell therapy prolong life, the treatment in Israel ?

Thank u! By the way I am a 25yold female from Australia, gold coast is there anyone else here?

Three months of feeling weak... Is not the same as being weak. There is no "evidence" that an ALS diagnosis is indeed forthcoming, except in your own mind. You are talking end game - and you don't even have a diagnosis. Does this make sense? Is this rational?

Were you not just recently married? What does your family think of your symptoms and recent behaviour?

You've started several threads in the last few days - which, in my opinion, is often a reflection of extreme anxiety. Please, for your own health, stop researching your symptoms and come back after you've had neuro assessment.

I would venture to guess, you do not have a fatal disease.

3 months of being physcially weak is what I meant.

I'm not researching my symptoms I know my own body and I know something's not right, my appointment is next Friday and I don't see the harm in asking as many questions as I can so I can start doing something at least.

My symptoms deff match up with some type of neuro degeneration, so I would like to do what I can to help myself.

I'm not that close with my family but they know about it, and yes I was married a couple of months ago why?

Anyways I'm not here to offend anyone or cause problems I just want some help and advice

I know you're not here to cause problems. I'm not saying there's nothing going on - but I am saying you appear to be scaring yourself into thinking and believing you have ALS. There are hundreds of other possibilities. It's easier for the readers if you consolidate your questions on one thread until you find out what exactly is going on with you. Asking questions is fine - but you're asking questions about progression of a disease you probably don't have.

You've had a huge change two months ago - getting married. It's the most important decision of your entire life. You also mentioned prior emotional issues which led you to ibogaine. There's been a lot going on in your life.

It's painfully obvious that you are thinking the worse. I can tell you with almost 90% certainty that if you go into your neuro appointment and tell him/her you believe you have ALS, it's highly possible you may be be classified as being anxious and quickly dismissed. Sad but true. This would be a great disservice to yourself and to your peace if mind. Please go with a truly open mind. I for one am looking forward to hearing you have a fixable condition or nothing.

Without going to the dr yet you shouldn't assume anything much less "being put down nicely". There are a lot of people here who are diagnosed and are living full and joyful lives.

It could be anything at this point, wait til you go to the dr before jumping to the worst case scenario.

This post is extremely disturbing. NewbieJess is not diagnosed, and has had "symptoms" for 3 months --which began after taking ibogaine and ending up in the hospital. she has started about 4 or 5 posts, none of them in the DIHALS section, talking like ALS is a given and done deal. one of them talks about trying out some quack who can cure ALS, and now this--committing suicide because of this disease ( which she doesn't even know if she has) and asking about alternative medicines and treatments.

I am not familiar with Ibogaine and looked it up on old doc gog and it sounds like a dangerous substance. perhaps newbie jess is just a health nut who also jumped to that substance as well with a very bad out come.

My opinion on this person (for what it is worth): Either a troll, or a sales person for this cure she was talking about earlier, or a very disturbed person perhaps with Munchausen by Proxy. the whole vibe this person sets off is fishy.

I agree with Barbie eveyone! Be careful!

Hahaha seriously a troll? My god what's next

I am genuine, deff not a health nut! Hmm I can already see that I'm not welcome on this forum perhaps I'll leave
So much for support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back