Does anyone else feel sensitive and feel more intense emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewbieJess

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AU
State
Queensland
City
Surfers paradise
I have been feeling like I need to cry for no reason and am more sensitive...I thought I was initially depressed but it feels very different from depression it's like I can't control myself

That sounds like pseudobulbar affect (PBA), which some PALS experience. A drug called Nuedexta is approved in the US and EU (not sure about AUS) to treat this condition. More info @ the Avanir site.

What is PBA never heard of it ?

I just looked it up and yes that looks like what I'm experiencing

You previously indicated you took ibogaine to treat your emotional issues. You suffered disastrous results.

Please, I recommend you seek the help of a qualified therapist. Sounds to me, those emotional issues are not only still festering - they are amplified. This alone can cause one to be tearful, ultra sensitive, out of control and yes - it can manifest itself in twitching, sleep deprivation, weight loss, weight gain, perceived weakness etc.

Get some perspective; you are researching a guy who porports to cure ALS - and you likely don't even have ALS. You're putting the cart before the horse. Stop focusing in ALS and start focusing on what's really troubling you. Inside.

Is your neuro consult thus week?

I already see a therapist, just bcoz I said I did ibogaine for emotional reasons does not mean I'm anxious or suffer with serious problems!? I am quite fine emotionally at this time. None of these symptoms are being caused by my "emotions" or "emotional state"

Im see the neuro On Friday, and I'm so sick of everyone telling me it's all in my head I cannot wait to get some dam proof that it is not my emotions and something physical even my doctor doesn't believe me, I can only wait to get tested. I have no experience with neurologists but my guess is if I'm paying for one then she has to do the necessary tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back