Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
Chino Hills
I'm 23, and I had my tonsils removed about 9 months ago, the doctor messed up and paralyzed my soft palate completely. Its domino effected into a lot of other complications, The ENT on my case as well as all the neurologist are stumped.. Im in the hospital at least once a month with pneumonia, I now have sleep apnea and on a c pap machine, I have very labored breathing and as of recently have heart issues due to the breathing issues. I pass out rather often and currently have 4 staples in my head from passing out and hitting my head over the weekend. I have headaches daily, and my tongue is numb. All liquids come out my nose. My speech is not understandable unless wearing a prosthesis and even then still extremely nasally. It just seems that things keep getting worse for me as time goes on, and Im not getting any answers. Can any of you explain what else I can expect with a paralyzed soft palate?

Sorry, but this is not a forum that can answer that. I imagine you ended up here after doing a search, and last week someone on here made a post about soft palate problems. It has nothing to do with ALS, Which is what this forum is about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back