Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
wisconsin
City
oak creek
Hi, my mother was diagnosed with ALS in January of this year and she seems to be in alot of pain in her hips. Is it possible for her to take 15mg extended release morphine pills for the pain? She says on a scale from 1 to 10 that it is a 10 , I hate to see her like this and I am wondering what pain medication works the best for her, the doctor gave her 5mg Diazepam and it does not seem to be working. Thanks in advance

Matt

I would talk to her doctor about that. I'm sorry she is experiencing so much pain. Best wishes.

Matt, can you go into a little detail about where she is physically? Is she in a wheelchair all day or a recliner? You can administer morphine, but if you could find something such as a sheep skin to help pressure points, she might not need to rely so much on pain meds. Morphine can be detrimental to breathing.

my husband takes two 30mg daily for extreme pain and 15 mg at night. Everyone is different. good luck

My husband does also. You might want to ask about hydromorphone (Dilaudid) also

Talk to your mum's doctor. Everybody's different.

There are many different pain meds that can be tried u der doctor supervision. No one should have to deal with pain. Muscular pain should be helped withmthemvalium. If itsmjointmpain, shemmaymneed something stronger.

She may be able to do ok with something weaker such as ultram, it works for some if they are not used to pain meds. And is not a narcotic.

15mg might be a bit sedating at first and could cause ambit of nausea in the beginning, everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back