Diagnosis
10/2011
Country
US
State
ohio
City
Strongsville
Newly diagnosed...I have the weakness, the "almost going to sleep feeling in my legs and feet" the almost pins and needles effect..my question is does this ever go away or is this something that just continues to spread thoughout your whole body eventually ? I was told that ALS is virtually painless, so far I disagree...it's very irritating all day and all night....are there other symptoms I have to look forward to, besides the obvious...Dr's don't really explain..Thanks

have the same problem in both feet. can't stand any thing on my toes. have a device on foot of bed to hold blankets up. that really helps
you are right the doc just brushes over that problem but its now the least of our problems

I don't have pins and needles or numbness. Everyone is different I guess.

I believe that device pearshoot is talking about, can be found in a lil lian vern on catalog. Don't quote me on it, thougk.

Chark, I agree wkth you on the painful part. Others have said its the deterioration of the muscle. I also have contractures,kso its like double the whammy. I don't have the tingles, though.
By the way, welcome to our family. Sure wished we cokld have met under different circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back