Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
CA
State
Nova scotia
City
Porters lake
My husband seem to think that he has regained some strength in his arms and legs?is this even possible..i know at times he can be weaker...Thank you

Bob had some days where he felt less weak. So some days were better than others I suppose. Take care. Yasmin

Yes, some days are better than others for my husband!

I've had days where I've felt better but not stronger.

AL.

Some days are better than others. For me, there is a fatigue factor. If I'm tired, I'm weaker and my speech gets worse. We went to Baltimore for Thanksgiving dinner last night. I was worried about our friends' toilet, so I asked my husband to come in the bathroom with me. The first time I went in there, I could get up with just his hands. The second time, he had to grab me under the arms because I was more tired.

Just enjoy it while it's here. Even if it's not let him think it is.

If he thinks he has, great, go with it!

Might be because Crosby is back on the ice!

Cheers,
Casey

My PALS is still ambulatory. Some days he can only walk around the block before his legs turn to jelly and he has to rest the next day; other days he can walk around 5 blocks and need no recuperation! He was diagnosed 1 year and 2 weeks ago.

- - Just completed my first year following diagnosis. Have noticed a slight decline in strength, mostly in hands, but then I am one of the older guys on the forum. I am blessed in that I do not have mobility/eating/breathing problems yet. So, in reply to your question, it seems that everyone progresses at a different pace. As everyone will tell you: enjoy every minute of your day to the max possible because we know what we have today but we don't know what we will have tomorrow ! !

I too am just in my first year after diagnosis. Like you I am getting on a bit (75). Diagnosed with PLS in December 2010.
Am finding getting about a bit of a problem but with the help of a stick and an electric scooter I can still manage most things. I still swim every morning. Everything else seems to be working (exept my short term memory) , but thats an age thing !
Small problem with RSS but thats through using the computer too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back