Pain & Slight weakness in arm - early ALS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newd1

Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I've had lyme for 3 years now. still being treated.

for the past week or so, I have noticed a pain in my upper left arm . Also, my forearm muscles seem "tight". no visible decrease in strength.

has anyone had this in the beginning of ALS?

Please help?

You said it, you have lyme, not als. Lyme mimics ALS....Don't worry.

newd

hello, sorry to hear about your bout w/ lyme disease. I'm newly diagnosed w/ als but my symptoms started w/ weakness in left hand and atrophy of left index finger. also have tremors in left and right arms as well as dragging left leg, hope you dopn't have als my prayers are w/ you.

Thank you for your answers. When you say weakness in your hand, how did it start manifesting itself? Could you not pick up stuff with your hand?

Thank you!

I get mixed information. I guess b/c it affects everyone differently. I have had twitches for 3+ years. I now have signifgant atrophy in my left bicep for That has been noticeable for 4 months but has not progressed. No weakness but fatigue. I have had a hoarse voice for two weaks but it seems to be getting better. No my muscles in my legs and butt have been really soar and hurting the past two days. It is a significant pain and fatigue. I have many other symptoms but two many to list. I have wated for 6 weeks to get an appointment at SW medical center but they will not call me back. Now I am trying to get in with a different Neuro Muscular person. I do pray for all of you and hope you have many blessings coming your way. Thanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back