Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
IRL
State
Dublin
City
Dublin
Hello friends. My pals had her clinical review today. She is on hefty doses of amytriptylene to dry up her saliva (bulbar onset) & help with pain. It seems that the elevated doses may be causing confusion & jumbled thought so neuro has suggested trying Glycopyrrolate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Went to the pharmacist to discover it's unlicensed here and thus very expensive. Pharmacist expressed concern over potential side effect of confusion. So here I am popping in to see if any of you have tried out this particular drug...and if so whether it was of any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Avril, I have been on Glycopyrrolate for a couple of years now with no side effects. It really helps me with saliva and I take 5ml three times a day at breakfast, supper and before bed. It's not really expensive here and it's been a lifesaver for me. I tried Amytryptiline early on but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I would pass out when I got up from a sitting position so I quit that. I know that we are all different in how we react to medications but if you can get Glycopyrrolate for your mom to try I think she will like it.

Barry

Thanks Barry. That's encouraging to hear. Sounds like it might be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back