Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
VIRGINIA
City
WOODBRIDGE
My brother has a terrible time trying to get his doctor to return his phone calls. Is this normal or is my brother's doctor not as good as we think.

My local neuro NEVER returned phone calls. The ALS Clinic is quite good, with a Nurse Coordinator handling all the phone calls. I think your brother needs if possible to go to a clinic (he already may--ignore me if that's the case.)

we were spoiled. Our neuro ALWAYS returned calls, and even after Glen went on hospice, Dr North would call just to check in. But I believe he was a treasure not to be found often.

we were spoiled. Our neuro ALWAYS returned calls, and even after Glen went on hospice, Dr North would call just to check in. But I believe he was a treasure not to be found often.

Katie,
My Mom goes to Dr North...we just love him! We live in the southern Sacramento county and were not happy with Sac Kaiser Neuro. I believe one day I was searching the forum and saw a post from you mentioning Dr North. I did a quick check of his bio and asked Mom's neuro for a referral. It's a drive for us but well worth it, he is so good with her. So a belated thank you to you for bringing his name up! :D
And I'm sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Hugs to you!
Rosie

Oh Rosie, I'm so glad to hear you got that referral. Make sure you also take advantage of the Kaiser e-mail.. we were able to get SO many questions answered by sending a quick e-mail to Robyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back